• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
Why do you suppose they did a live launch of the site before they had done any beta testing/bug checks and before half the features were ready to be deployed?
They keep saying in the forum that it was beta tested and none of these issues came up. Apparently all the problems have taken them by surprise.
My only guess is that the testers weren't actual users/pin traders, so they didn't know what was missing.

Agree with others. No real improvement over what we already had and completely wrecked initially. I think it’s a combination of being owned by non-pin traders (regardless of what they claim) who don’t know what is needed in a pin trading system and a complete lack of appropriate testing. Hopefully it at least gets back to what it was. It as previously stated, this will help the other systems out there grow.

They keep saying in the forum that it was beta tested and none of these issues came up. Apparently all the problems have taken them by surprise.
My only guess is that the testers weren't actual users/pin traders, so they didn't know what was missing.
Definitely that. But also they only did the most minimal confirmation that things worked technically, not usefully. Like I can send a message and the other person receives it, but not if it’s understandable, can be found on the list, I can know who I sent to, etc. And the apostrophe issue is DB management 101. You need to escape them when working with SQL. That’s really basic code stuff (and quickly caught if you are doing real testing. )

You folks are hitting the nail on the head. Why launch when it clearly wasn't ready to go live? Seems to lazy to me, like they want us to find and report all the bugs instead of doing it themselves.

Reactions: Ajk
The grail feature is live with two levels! One thumb up or two thumbs up. And it remembered what I had marked as grails before the change over! Yay!
Okay.... this..... is.... Argh
iu

1) The pins don't show up in grid as having been marked grail, you don't seem to see it unless you click each pin.
2) Assuming you do click its the tinyest mark i can imagine. And thumbs are associated with "likes" in social media usually on comments or okay pins but not "Grail" which is like gotta have! (Crown = rare jewels) Please make the icon bigger
3) Should be visible from the grid view and pins marked grail should be able to show at the top of the collection.
4) Please bring back checkboxes for want, own etc toggles are visually complicated compared to a simple check box

End of rant of my useless opinions....:p

edit- now that its stars I am uncertain is 2 stars more wanted than one star or the other way around? I do like the starts much better than the thumbs though :)

Last edited:
I finally got my page back. Part of my problem was that answers to my emails were getting sent back as spam. Not their fault. Now, did anyone get trade assist back? I went to my profile and each time I check the box, it brings me back to the same page.

I finally got my page back. Part of my problem was that answers to my emails were getting sent back as spam. Not their fault. Now, did anyone get trade assist back? I went to my profile and each time I check the box, it brings me back to the same page.
It did that to me. But then after I logged out and logged back in, it showed that my trade assist was on.

Thanks for the info. I tried it after your post, but it didn't work for me. I guess I'll logout for a while and see if that helps.
The full accounts compare feature still is gone (from what I can tell.) But for any specific pin I 'want' or 'trade' if I am in the specific pin listing, the trade assist for that pin works. The visuals on the "who has this pin" or "who is trading this pin" page are not good. It is difficult to see, but clicking on the link on the pin listing will give you any users you match with to trade or gain your pin.

Is this not working for you bcol?

I guess I was looking for the link that matches all the pins that can be traded for a particular pin instead of having to scroll down each and click on each pin on their list. Am I not saying this right? It was the they want / you want matches.

Got a new update yesterday! Glad to see they are still working on the Compare feature and nice to see that there are more pins per page now!

UPDATES on PinPics.com
Current Issues 3-25-23 10:00am EST​

When SEARCHING for pins - put your desired pin information in the search bar and press enter. You can also search the description if needed.

New Pins are being added every day!

Items Fixed

1. We have made some improvements on the filters to drill down your search. We are still making improvements.
  2. Grail/Priority Icon - this Icon is now a Star. In your Own and in your Want categories you can select this Star Icon. This will prioritize these pins and move these pins to the beginning of your Own and Want catgegories. Also, to remove the Star just click on it again. We are working for Users to see this star on other user’s dashboards if set to Public.

3. Speed - The speed of the site is much improved. While searching for pins this is greatly improved.

4. We have expanded the pin results per page to 40.
Items In the Process of being Fixed
  1. We are working to add the CURRENT Own Want and Trades info to the hover box so you can see that information currently without having to go into the Pin Details.
  2. COMPARE Feature - The programmer knows this is a major function we need to update.
  3. Printing - We are mapping this out with our programmer both in list and grid view.
  4. Seamless Messaging System for Trades and also for messaging between members. More info to come on this so watch for the update.
Thank you for your patience with us. Know that when you give us the feedback we take it very seriously. Please let us know of any issues you may encounter, we appreciate those that have alerted us to situations.
1. If you are receiving an error - Email molly@pinpics.com or info@pinpics.com and add the screenshot of the error you are receiving.
2. There is a post on PinPics facebook page where you can reach us. I will PM you and get your info and any screenshots to send to our programmers. We have helped many this way and that is what we want to do….help you.
3. You can PM me directly through facebook with messenger. Molly Anne Ludwig

I sent out two requests today, we'll see how it goes.
I only started exploring the new site this week, so missed out on a lot of the headaches...
I still haven't looked at the new site. I'm following its progress via this thread to determine the ... shall we say? ... optimal time to check it out and reactivate my account. At this point, I figure that I probably have to reenter ALL of my owns, wants, and trades, which is fine - it has been (without exaggeration) years since I've updated my Pin Pics account and it's so laughably out of date, it's likely more efficient to just start over than attempt to edit it. I just would rather be able to do it without a virtual can of Raid for the bugs you keep finding and the resulting headaches that follow.

I got an email from PinPics Trade Assistant saying that someone wanted to trade with me.
No luck logging into my account so I have no idea how the trader could send the message.
I was hopeful that, perhaps, I've been unbanned, but nope...

I sent an email to PP, no response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back