• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
Has anyone added a listing to PinPics yet? When the image is added, it appears sideways and there aren't any tools to make an adjustment to correct the image. Anyone else having this problem?

Has anyone added a listing to PinPics yet? When the image is added, it appears sideways and there aren't any tools to make an adjustment to correct the image. Anyone else having this problem?

We've added a bunch of listings but never had that issue. Are you on a mobile? No experience with this on PP, but on the military forum I'm on, mobiles often upload images sideways.

I just tried to log in with my email and password and got logged in as another user!!! I thought this issue was long since fixed :eek: Has this happened to anyone else?
I haven't heard of this happening at all lately. Email molly@pinpics.com and tell her what happened and the sign in and hwat your username shouldbe . . . they'll get it fixed!

@MollyAnne

Looked at the Chat sessions for Trading. Still way too complicated for something that should be simple to use (like the old system). Just my opinion.

They are still working on it, though. The old one couldn't attach pictures and didn't give notifications and didn't show you the whole string of messages in a conversation. I figure at this point, they are one better with having images and you can still ask for trader's email, which is what I had to do with every PP trade on the old system anyway. So, definitely not the best, but better than the previous PP.

1f7c0d4766a55d378d3b4cdfc009ceff.gif

OK . . . meeting just ended (It was Wednesday instead of tomorrow this week, since they have a special sale tomorrow). The COMPARE feature is LIVE! I can't post pictures right now, so a description of where to find it will have to do for the moment . . . go to any other trader that you'd like to compare to. Once you are in their profile (and can view their Owns/Wants/Trades), you should see two hyperlinks on the right side (below the right side of the "Trades" button and above the right top corner of the pin list) - "Grid View" and "Compare". Click the Compare, and it will give you drop-downs for you and them so that you can select any combinations of yours and there Owns/Wants/Trades. It is fabulous!

Also, she went over step-by-step of how to add a pin, sharing her screen. So, if this is something you'd like to get instructions on, the meeting will be on youtube tomorrow!

If you see any title or description or LE info or anything that is incorrect or missing, please just use the "Comment" tab on the pin page and let them know. You don't have to type it up to be published on the public page, just talk to them as they read the comments and then add all the info to the relevant sections of the pin listing!

Also . . . a fun incentive . . . next week they are doing a give-away and if someone wants to attend next week's meeting, you and I would get a free Disney pin or piece of merch. :) So - doesn't someone want to come along with me and represent DPF?
20210314184908-826d3738.gif

giphy.gif

I might bite and come to the next meeting!

Is the site glitching, or is the sudden lack of quick access to the Own/Want/Trade buttons on the search page intentional? It's not bringing them up for me anymore. ):

You should! They are really great!

What part is missing for you? I just checked and I'm seeing those where I see them. Where can you not see and I'll look at mine! :)

Is there a way to view all of the new additions to Pinpics besides scrolling through the top of the home page? You used to be able to scroll through "thumbnails". Can that be done now?

Is there a way to view all of the new additions to Pinpics besides scrolling through the top of the home page? You used to be able to scroll through "thumbnails". Can that be done now?

Oh, yes . . . I never use the scroll . . . right along the top whre there are the hyperlink to your dashboard and the forum, etc. - There is "What's New" . . .click that. Also, a very easy way to do it, too, is to just click the search magnifying glass button (don't type any search in, just click the button), and that will display newest to oldest pins, starting with the newly added.

You should! They are really great!

What part is missing for you? I just checked and I'm seeing those where I see them. Where can you not see and I'll look at mine! :)
For a while I was able to tap on either side of the image in the mobile search function, and it would pull up a little block that had the Own/Want/Trade sliders, without me having to leave the search page. It's no longer doing it for me and I have to go to the pin's page to do it. ):

Thank you in advance for comparing!

For a while I was able to tap on either side of the image in the mobile search function, and it would pull up a little block that had the Own/Want/Trade sliders, without me having to leave the search page. It's no longer doing it for me and I have to go to the pin's page to do it. ):

That is happening for me as well. I thought I must be doing something wrong, but it sounds like it could be a programming issue.

That is happening for me as well. I thought I must be doing something wrong, but it sounds like it could be a programming issue.

Not sure about it on Mobile, but I'll look on desktop view. They are working on the software with some of this, so it could be that the programmer is doing stuff.

It wasn't working for me on desktop last night, but it is back today! I bet it was affected by something they were working on . . .

Looked at the Chat sessions for Trading. Still way too complicated for something that should be simple to use (like the old system). Just my opinion.
Hi Figment and anyone else that is having issues with the new Chat system. I would love to do a Live Zoom with all of you to go over it and answer any questions. I know sometimes
things can seem complicated with change. This system is super to use.......many love it! I think if you primarily use a mobile device it may seem more difficult. We are working on the mobile
experience. For all of the mobile users out there.....an app is coming soon. Once we have everything worked out with the website - the app is next. It will work directly with the website. Please let
me know if you would like to do a Live Zoom - I can set a few up - you can ask me questions live and I would love your feedback - positive or negative. We are doing Live Zooms every Thursday
and so many great ideas have come out of them........Molly

I might bite and come to the next meeting!

Is the site glitching, or is the sudden lack of quick access to the Own/Want/Trade buttons on the search page intentional? It's not bringing them up for me anymore. ):
Please come! Not sure why the hover box was gone - it is back now. You can always reach out to me on these things.....someone reached out through facebook this morning and
I immediately reached out to the programmer and wala......it is fixed! So facebook messenger, molly@pinpics.com, mollyanne in pinpics.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back