• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics Trade Request not going through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics Trade Request not going through?

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hi,

I had two trade requests come to me and I responded with an answer (to both) that I would like to trade.
I replied to both of these requests within 12-24 hours and got no response from either person.

Now, I know that it could just be that they no longer want to trade, or maybe they took another deal...but it is kind of weird not to hear back at all. I am wondering if they even got my message?

I have sent them trade requests, hoping that may work...

Anyone having trouble with messages going through from their account?

I have not had any issues lately. And I know that, while inconsiderate, sometimes folks don't bother replying. And with this being a holiday weekend, it could be that they are just tied up with barbecues and beaches and haven't had a chance to reply. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hopefully you'll hear back and make the trades!

Thanks. These trades were offered to me some weeks before Memorial Day. I was just curious because there have been lost messages in the past.

I just find it really weird that I was the one asked for a trade and then never heard from them again. I am used to people who don't respond to a request, but rarely have had it happen in the opposite position.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have also had it happen... depending on the situation, could you send an email to them? I will usually state there are issues with Pinpics messages not going through, so wanted to be sure they received my reply/message (you can always go back to negotiating through pinpics once they respond). Their email appears in the message header in Pinpics. It does not work to hit reply to any email that dropped in from Pinpics. Cut and paste their email into a new email message or forward the pinpics message.

Hope your trade goes through.

Hi, I just had contact with 3 Traders who never got my initial Pinpics e-mail about a Trade that was requested. Was there a problem with the "system" a few weeks ago?? Also, e-mails were not in their Spam folder.

I tried to send out 5 TA's and the "system" just sent out to the first person?? Seems like the whole PinPics "system" is dying a slow death. What a poorly run operation.

I tried to send out 5 TA's and the "system" just sent out to the first person?? Seems like the whole PinPics "system" is dying a slow death. What a poorly run operation.
Yes, the multiple request feature seems to be failing. I have observed this also.

I am not sure if this is still a problem for the trade request function of PinPics or not but when I wanted to start using a new email address for my pin trading no emails from trade request or the site were coming in inbox or spam folder. I contacted the PinPic admin and was told that their server works with accounts from Gmail and Yahoo mail and a few others but not Outlook/Live. I was advised to open a Gmail or Yahoo account for the best results.

I am not sure if this is still a problem for the trade request function of PinPics or not but when I wanted to start using a new email address for my pin trading no emails from trade request or the site were coming in inbox or spam folder. I contacted the PinPic admin and was told that their server works with accounts from Gmail and Yahoo mail and a few others but not Outlook/Live. I was advised to open a Gmail or Yahoo account for the best results.
How curious. I have an @msn account and it worked fine until a few months ago. Thank you for the information on why trade requests are no longer coming through.

My pinpics email has always been through Hotmail (now Outlook). Why would it all of a sudden stop working?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I have a Yahoo account and I stopped getting emails too.

In the past, it's been because those providers have marked Pinpics as a spammer email account. What would happen is people would sign up for Pinpics, and at some point stop trading and also change their email. Their TA would still be active, Pinpics would send out emails and they'd bounce. The automatic spam filters would kick in and then all Pinpics emails going to that provider would get rejected. Then they'd have to work with the provider to get things fixed, and some were more cooperative than others.

FWIW, I have gmail and my last trade request email that came through was June 5th. Although, if I check Pinpics I had had more recent requests.

Given the other issues Pinpics is having (broken captcha), I wonder something changed in the protocols somewhere (things get updated with the CMS, or PHP version something, somewhere and things go kaput).

In the past, it's been because those providers have marked Pinpics as a spammer email account. What would happen is people would sign up for Pinpics, and at some point stop trading and also change their email. Their TA would still be active, Pinpics would send out emails and they'd bounce. The automatic spam filters would kick in and then all Pinpics emails going to that provider would get rejected. Then they'd have to work with the provider to get things fixed, and some were more cooperative than others.

FWIW, I have gmail and my last trade request email that came through was June 5th. Although, if I check Pinpics I had had more recent requests.

Given the other issues Pinpics is having (broken captcha), I wonder something changed in the protocols somewhere (things get updated with the CMS, or PHP version something, somewhere and things go kaput).
Would a new server help?

I have Gmail and am still getting emails, as recently as yesterday. They do go to my spam box, but that was always the case. Have you (and others) checked there?

Would a new server help?

Nope. The likely problem is that Pinpics doesn't have a person, currently, who is staying on top of necessary updates. Just like we need to periodically update Windows or apps on our phones, to maintain a website certain software packages have to be updated periodically. Or like after a long time, Cicada had to change the software package this forum was running with because the old version was obsolete. Things like PHP, mySQL, Javascript, whatever content management system they are running (at least I assume they are using one), etc. Those get updated for critical security updates and just newer versions with more bells and whistles. Hosting platforms do a lot to make sure updates are pushed, when appropriate, but each individual website needs to verify that changes upriver didn't break anything with their site (every site has some element of "hacked code" in order to get things to work the specific way they want it too, and at some point these hacks break). There is no server that will take care of that stuff automatically.

I have been getting emails all along, but today, for the first time in a long time I got a trade request. Also, someone on the pinpics forum said they could add a pin, so maybe some of the problems have been fixed. We can only hope.

I have been getting emails all along, but today, for the first time in a long time I got a trade request. Also, someone on the pinpics forum said they could add a pin, so maybe some of the problems have been fixed. We can only hope.
Yes! Just uploaded a pin into pinpics! Ohhh, Pinpics is about to get exciting again! Yay!

Yes! Just uploaded a pin into pinpics! Ohhh, Pinpics is about to get exciting again! Yay!
Oh! And now uploaded pin number two! Whoo hoo! Yay for Pinpics working again!
9421a149c301420a358777c091a2c8f9.gif

I install Microsoft Explorer JUST for PinPics New pin stuff. I see Mozilla Firefox is no longer supported by Pinpics. I uploaded a new Lotso pin I have so lets see what happens.

Hi,

I had two trade requests come to me and I responded with an answer (to both) that I would like to trade.
I replied to both of these requests within 12-24 hours and got no response from either person.

Now, I know that it could just be that they no longer want to trade, or maybe they took another deal...but it is kind of weird not to hear back at all. I am wondering if they even got my message?

I have sent them trade requests, hoping that may work...

Anyone having trouble with messages going through from their account?

In regards to your initial issue, this happens to me ALL of the time. Drives me nuts. It’s one thing if they don’t respond to a trade request, but when they send the request and I accept, I appreciate some sort of update, even if it’s to say other people responded and they’re going with the other person. I’m so jaded at this point that I don’t expect the trade to go through unless I receive a mailing address from them. But I usually wait a couple of days before considering the pin available.

Here’s hoping this stops happening in the future! :tigger:

I am one of the people who doesn't respond. Let me apologize and explain. I have my account public as I have a friend who trades for me and he always checks my wants list if there is something he thinks I might want. I used to go through the request but so many of them were someone offering an outdated Hidden Mickey that few people wanted and in exchange they wanted an LE 300 or something similar. As I can tell that people are perceiving this as rude behavior, If & when PP ever starts working, I will go through and respond to the requests. As I have over 100 of them, it will take awhile. Sorry. Penny

I am one of the people who doesn't respond. Let me apologize and explain. I have my account public as I have a friend who trades for me and he always checks my wants list if there is something he thinks I might want. I used to go through the request but so many of them were someone offering an outdated Hidden Mickey that few people wanted and in exchange they wanted an LE 300 or something similar. As I can tell that people are perceiving this as rude behavior, If & when PP ever starts working, I will go through and respond to the requests. As I have over 100 of them, it will take awhile. Sorry. Penny

Penny, if I were you, I would just start now. And delete the earlier requests. It would be a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back