Trading: Pinpics traders, the sequel

Discussion in 'Pin Trading' started by swscref, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    319   0   0

I just finished a successful trade with M5A6R1 (Marshall). He didn't have any references, so he sent his pin first.

2. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

How about HauntedHunter on PinPics?
    They have been around forever, but never responded to a request until now.

3. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Added. Thank you for the update.

4. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Just finished a successful trade with pinmates. They are in the US. Also another great trade with dcoriddi. Also in the US.

5. Booger1964

Rating - 100%
    319   0   0

Just made a successful trade with Gandorf (William) who sent his pins first as he didn't have any references.

6. raikipins

raikipins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Anyone trade with "Peanut1!" before? (Also, I had no idea you could have punctuation marks in your PinPics username. : o)

Out of curiosity (and for future trades), how did you go about having them send their pins first? Basically, I tend to feel awkward asking the person directly for references and asking them to send their pins first (if they don't have any references). Do you have any tips for a socially awkward person like myself who wants to avoid offending (or scaring off) anyone? : D

momin.ator and TonkaToy like this.
  7. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I made contact with HauntedHunter, but couldn't secure a trade as they are reducing their pins and would rather sell at the moment.

8. Booger1964

Rating - 100%
    319   0   0

I just start out by saying "Since the reference center is down here, is there any place where I may check references for you. Mine may be checked here ..." If they respond saying they don't have any then I ask them if they would be willing to send theirs first. Some traders will and some won't. If they don't want to that's fine, but I no longer trade with people who don't provide references or mail first as I have been taken by a few people.

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

@Booger1964 described it perfectly. Offer your references and ask for theirs and if they do not have them... ask them to ship first. I usually also say I will be a reference for them for future trades, if the trade goes well.

Another way I confirm trades is asking for pictures of the pins. I will proactively send a picture of my side of the trade (usually sent outside of pinpics.com.) If someone sends me a picture of the pins we are trading, this also seems a good indicator of legitimacy. And perhaps asking for pictures would be easier than asking the trader to ship first?

Booger1964 likes this.
  10. raikipins

raikipins Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

@Booger1964 @TheMickeyMouseRules Thank you both so much! This was very helpful. ^^ I'll definitely start using this approach for traders I don't see listed here or can't find references for otherwise. :)

11. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I had an awesome trade with bsus1412 (US located) last month. Super fun to talk to and fair on the trade.

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Thanks for the reference. I just finalized a trade with Gandorf and was looking for reference(s), so this is timely and helpful!