• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pins with birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins with birds

Dyllan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, how many different Disney birds are there?

My daughter is in bird club, so I thought maybe I should try to see if she wants to try collecting bird pins. Do you think that's viable?

Iago from Aladdin, Diablo from Sleeping Beauty, Zazu from The Lion King, Archimedes from The Sword in the Stone, the Geese from The Aristocats, The Tiki Room Birds....

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are some generic bird characters included in Princess pins as well.

There are quite a few Disney birds especially if you get in to the ducks. Donald, Daisy, Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Louie are the most common but there are pins of some of the other Duckburg residents like Grandma, Gladstone Gander and Webigail. Maybe start with a type of bird or birds she likes, say parrots, and then expand if she gets in to it.

Owl from Winnie the Pooh and Owl from Bambi, Scuttle from the Little Mermaid, Flit from Pocahontas, the crows from Dumbo, the Dodo and the Lory from Alice in Wonderland, the penguins from Mary Poppins and there's also all of the Stitch pins with those cute little ducks.

Here's a link to all of the ducks from the Donald Duck and family universe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_ducks This list includes the Darkwing Duck and Ducktales universe as well.

I think Dom13's idea about choosing a particular bird is a great idea and once you've collected one bird species you could move on to another. I think it's a great idea and would make a very unique collection. You should definitely do it for your daughter.

That is a lot of birds!

Here's double the birds..one Disney, one actual animal found at AK..

pin81185

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess birds is too wide scope. I'll talk it over with my daughter and see if she likes the idea, and can narrow it down. Maybe just go for the birds that aren't anthropomorphic (if you can apply that term to characters like Donald Duck).

I love birds!

I also considered this as a theme, until I realized the bluebirds and other non-anthropomorphic birds are some of the most popular pins (or maybe I should say, they have the least amount of people trading them). I thought it would be too tough to acquire the ones that I thought were the cutest, so I decided against it. But your daughter may have different taste than I have. You could just do a search for "bird" on PinPics and look through them (it's only six pages long) to get a feel for the category.

I also considered just doing the Tiki Room birds. They are so colorful, and very interesting characters. I still might do this one day, when I get caught up on my other collections.

...going to look up "anthropomorphic" now..

Anthros are animals that have human qualities. Such as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, etc. because they all stand up right and can walk around like a person can and has actual hands and fingers like people. Pluto is not one because he acts and looks just like a dog does.

Hope that makes some sense :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back