• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pocahontas retired core pin- How can I indentify if she's a scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pocahontas retired core pin- How can I indentify if she's a scrapper?

Moondance

Pусcкая Poбйн
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So recently I traded my cousin that I've had for a while, and now I miss her and I'd like one for myself.

I became informed that there are scrapper variations of this pin, How do I know which is a scrapper and which is the real deal?

Last edited:
You know what Patrick? I was intending to trade that Jane away, hopefully for a pin I'd really like- but you were so nice to find me a Pocahontas pin, I'd be very happy to sell to you! Unless you'd trade me for that John Smith pin you have, or know anyone who has one!! (which would really make my day, since the only john smith core pin is on ebay for $15 >_>!!!!!!!

Feel free to send me a PM :)

So recently I traded my cousin that I've had for a while, and now I miss her and I'd like one for myself.

I became informed that there are scrapper variations of this pin, How do I know which is a scrapper and which is the real deal?

What makes you think there are scrappers??? I don't see a warning on the Pinpics listing.

What makes you think there are scrappers??? I don't see a warning on the Pinpics listing.
Actually there are a number of pins on publics that do not have warnings but have scrappers. Publics is updated by members so not everyone has time to update the information. :-(Vicki

Actually there are a number of pins on publics that do not have warnings but have scrappers. Publics is updated by members so not everyone has time to update the information. :-(Vicki

Ok, I get that, but that doesn't really answer my question. What makes anyone think that this particular pin has scrappers? Did you hear it from someone? Was that person a knowledgeable and reliable source? Did they see a scrapper for themselves or hear it from someone else? And if it is someone else, how do they know?

I'm just asking because there seems to be a lot of scrapper hysteria lately. I realize it is a problem and people are cautious, but not every pin is scrapped. When you really look at the numbers, very few pins are actually scrapped. Yes, there are tons and tons of scrappers, but not of tons and tons of different designs when you look at how many designs have actually been released. I'd just like to know the reason for all the concern on an older rack pin that is not a hidden Mickey and has no warning.

Last edited:
Ok, I get that, but that doesn't really answer my question. What makes anyone think that this particular pin has scrappers? Did you hear it from someone? Was that person a knowledgeable and reliable source? Did they see a scrapper for themselves or hear it from someone else? And if it is someone else, how do they know?

I'm just asking because there seems to be a lot of scrapper hysteria lately. I realize it is a problem and people are cautious, but not every pin is scrapped. When you really look at the numbers, very few pins are actually scrapped. Yes, there are tons and tons of scrappers, but not of tons and tons of different designs when you look at how many designs have actually been released. I'd just like to know the reason for all the concern on an older rack pin that is not a hidden Mickey and has no warning.

+1, I see this all the time in the park and on pinpics. Drives me nuts. People get a pin that has maybe just a slight color variation, or just a little bit of a brush stroke, and they freak out and post all over pinpics "scrapper alert, scrapper alert!!!" People need to relax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back