• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Politely saying no..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politely saying no..

brookegreene22

It all started with a mouse
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Okay, so after the last pin trade from pinpics.com went a little sour, I had sent an email to that trader expressing my concern about the pin and asking for them to trade back, or send me another pin. They told me they were sorry I was unhappy with the pin they sent (which was not the original pin discussed!) and would not trade back.

Two days ago, I received an email from them again from pinpics, asking for another trade. I politely declined and said that for the time being I wanted to hold off on trading (in reality, I just don't want to trade with them..), I have recieved three more emails, pressing the matter of trading with them....each time, I explain I'm not trading for the time being but that in the future a trade might be possible...

I got this email today:

Brooke,
I can tell that you are blowing me off! If you're not trading, then you should take your listed traders off of pinpics, so that no one will send you anymore offers. You are basically teasing those who want your pins!

Sincerely,
..................... (I took their name off)

I'm a little aggravated, and want to know how to respond to this. I feel like explaining that at this point, their not a good traders and do not wish to be jipped again! Would I be justified?

Id politley say something on the lines of - since our previous trade didnt go so well, I have chosen not to trade with you for the time being and my traders are listed as they are currently up for trading and Id not feel comfortable trading with you since the last trade went wrong.

something like that hahaha besides that trader is being rude to you so id also add that in the response as its not needed when you have politly declined 3 times.

WOW!!!! In future I would ignore their trade requests. Also, if you feel you can, I would let them know that you were not comfortable with the outcome of the previous trade and have now concluded that it would be in your best interest to limit who you trade with in future.

I can't imagine the gall they must have to tell you they will not trade back and then to send the email they did because you will not trade again with them.

Not sure of the personality you have, but you seem a little too nice. I mean this in the nicest way, but truly you need to stick up for yourself and no one has the right to force you into trading with them, especially if the previous trade did not go well. :-(

Hope all works out well for you!

Vicki

Id politley say something on the lines of - since our previous trade didnt go so well, I have chosen not to trade with you for the time being and my traders are listed as they are currently up for trading and Id not feel comfortable trading with you since the last trade went wrong.

something like that hahaha besides that trader is being rude to you so id also add that in the response as its not needed when you have politly declined 3 times.

I also agree with Stitch2814. :)

Vicki

It I received a message like that I'd respond back saying something like this:

"When I said I was not trading right now I was just trying to be polite. In reality, I just don't want to arrange another trade with you at this time. You did not send me the pin we agreed upon in our last trade and refused to trade back so I would rather not take my chances and get burned again. If you make our previous right I may be open to trading with you again in the future. But until then, no thank you."

I would be really irritated....

"When I said I was not trading right now I was just trying to be polite. In reality, I just don't want to arrange another trade with you at this time. You did not send me the pin we agreed upon in our last trade and refused to trade back so I would rather not take my chances and get burned again. If you make our previous right I may be open to trading with you again in the future. But until then, no thank you."

+1.
I really can't believe the cheek of some people

WOW That is just horrible. Where are peoples manners? Its almost like they are pressuring you and using all tactics available to them. I would just tell them I am actively trading with people that DO send the agreed upon pins but not with them and to please stop contacting me.

You know, I had someone outright say something like this to me when I was set up at Epcot pin trading. I had a Belle pin that was pretty hard to find and the lady asked me if I would trade for it. I basically told her I was holding out to trade that one for a harder to find pin in return. She looked at me and said, "well if you don't plan to trade her, you really should take her out of book" I was stunned.

Of course, she ended up being the one that traded me a bunch of fake vinylmations so that tells you the type of person I was trading with, but I was still stunned that someone would be so rude to say something like that. I would DEFINITELY email the person back and let them know that when you say you aren't trading at this time, you really are just not trading at this time WITH THEM. The nerve of some people.

Wow! The problem I have is this one trader sends a TA and I accept and they never respond, then they resubmit the TA with a lesser desired pin ( at first a le 100 for my le 100, then a core pin for the exact same le 100) . I just delete their TA (you know who you are), but never the gall that person did to you. Just delete them because reading this thread, hopefully they will get the hint.

+1
This is exactly how I would handle this situation. That person has some serious nerve!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your honest opinion! I feel like being new to pin trading online, I want to be as easy-going and friendly as possible, but it seemed to me that this was something not accepted by anyone.

I decided to respond with following:

After the previous email I recieved from you, I have decided to inform you that I am openly trading others. However, after the last trade with you was handled in a manner that I cannot condone, I do not wish to trade with you at this time. Until the former trade is fixed, I will refrain from making any further trades with you, to protect myself from another bad deal. If you would like to rectify the last trade, then I will be open to discussing that, but until then I will not trade any further pins with you.

Thank you

GEEZ! I guess I should not be shocked by anything anymore! I think your reply was spot on! I almost thought maybe you should agree to a trade and then just send some other random pin - just like they did to you the first time!

I got a TA request this morning. They want my LE200 (9 traders/52 wanters) for their LE 300 (25 traders/28 wanters). And this is the note I got with it: I AM WILLING TO TRADE WITH YOU

Well, I am so thankful that SOMEONE IS WILLING to trade with me! I politely declined their offer, but wondered what they may have been thinking when they typed that note!!

GEEZ! I guess I should not be shocked by anything anymore! I think your reply was spot on! I almost thought maybe you should agree to a trade and then just send some other random pin - just like they did to you the first time!

I got a TA request this morning. They want my LE200 (9 traders/52 wanters) for their LE 300 (25 traders/28 wanters). And this is the note I got with it: I AM WILLING TO TRADE WITH YOU

Well, I am so thankful that SOMEONE IS WILLING to trade with me! I politely declined their offer, but wondered what they may have been thinking when they typed that note!!

They could have meant that they were willing to work something out.... Lopsided offers aren't always someone trying to shark you. It can be a real pain editing requests when you are sending out a bunch and many people don't even know that you can edit them. I for one wish that more people would look at the TA as an invitation to discuss and not always the end all be all trade.

They could have meant that they were willing to work something out.... Lopsided offers aren't always someone trying to shark you. It can be a real pain editing requests when you are sending out a bunch and many people don't even know that you can edit them. I for one wish that more people would look at the TA as an invitation to discuss and not always the end all be all trade.

That could be true, but I would have thought they may have said something like "Open to counter offers"

I always try to look up the pin see what le it is and then try to offer something of equal value. i think some people just pull up the list and check everything without looking. It takes more time to do this but I figure less traders will offended that way

I always try to look up the pin see what le it is and then try to offer something of equal value. i think some people just pull up the list and check everything without looking. It takes more time to do this but I figure less traders will offended that way

I wasn't offended by their trade offer, per se. I mean, they are trying to get something they want and we all want the best possble deal we can get. If it were one of my "have to have" pins, I would have taken it. It was really the comment, because the way I interpreted it (which could be wrong) was that they were doing me a favor by being WILLING to trade with me. I am not trying to open a debate. I just found that comment weird, but again, I could be misinterpreting it.

You're right Spiffie, there are a lot of people/traders out there who either don't know English very well, or even at all. And on top of that, we're only able to send a very limited number of characters in those notes, so we can't say what we want to say. Hard to be sure what they meant, but always good to look on the positive. :)

I wonder if the person's first language is English or not. Did their email address have an international country code?

Personally, I think they are using your kindness to pressure/force you into making the trade. And that makes me think they are up to no good and think you are easy prey. I am glad you sent a firmer response. If they keep bugging you, see if you can block their emails. Or, just delete them without reading them. Why make yourself crazy......JMHO

Brooke, that's a manipulating shark--the nerve of him/her telling YOU that you should get off Pinpics because you won't trade with him/her! I do believe there's a way to block people so you don't get requests from that person and that's my advice of what you should do.

Hannette

Hi Brooke,
This is incredible! Traders just keep getting better and better. I would say exactly what Erudolf mentioned,

And I would add that just because you have pins listed on pinpics as traders does not mean you have to accept the trade offer you get and that in no way, are you teasing anyone. Listing a pin for trade does not equal having to trade it.

Sorry this happened to you. I know how frustrating these things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back