• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

POLL : Favorite place for pin trading

Favorite place for pin trading

• Tokyo Disney Resort

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disneyland Paris

• Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

• Shanghai Disney Resort

• Disney Adventures

• Local Disney Store

• Total voters
POLL : Favorite place for pin trading

Donald Duck Trader

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I recently had a trip to Disneyland and found that the pin trading wasn't as fun as Disney World. So, I thought I would reach out to the community to find out what all my fellow traders think are good trading places.

Sorry to hear that! I've never pin traded in DLR though so not sure about good places there. Was it that there weren't as many boards and lanyards that made it less fun?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that! I've never pin traded in DLR though so not sure about good places there. Was it that there weren't as many boards and lanyards that made it less fun?

Exactly! Disney World - 90% of cast members have lanyards. Disneyland - 10% of cast members have lanyards.

Agreed. Cast members at DLR do not have the same positive vibes as at WDW for pin trading or pin traders. To me there is a systemic snobby attitude (on part of DLR cast members). Pins traders are an annoyance at DLR. I never get that at WDW.

(Full disclosure: I just had an awful experience (worst ever?) at DLR yesterday, so this may be biasing this post. I was in near tears by the time I finally left the haunted Mansion event.)

Agreed. Cast members at DLR do not have the same positive vibes as at WDW for pin trading or pin traders. To me there is a systemic snobby attitude (on part of DLR cast members). Pins traders are an annoyance at DLR. I never get that at WDW.

(Full disclosure: I just had an awful experience (worst ever?) at DLR yesterday, so this may be biasing this post. I was in near tears by the time I finally left the haunted Mansion event.)

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. That is never fun and no one goes anywhere to have a bad time, especially not Disney. I am from the east coast and have been to WDW multiple times and DLR only once, but I can say that I noticed a difference in attitudes between both of them. The cast members seemed more apathetic in DLR and there was more of a big city attitude (unsurprisingly), with the cast members just being down right unhelpful. Now I know they say that DLR caters more to passholders because of it's location, but from my one (and probably only at this point) experience there, I would rather be in WDW any time (mostly because it is a 2 and a half hour flight instead of a 6 hour flight).

Perhaps it is the fact that Orlando depends on tourism, seeing as last year Orlando ranked among the largest tourist markets in the world, but overall the attitudes of the cast members was like night and day between the two locations. I have never had any trouble getting in to conversations with cast members in WDW but I didn't find the same helpful and charming attitudes in DLR. I've been going on the assumption that maybe it was just me, but seeing you say that DLR cast members don't have the same positive vibes @TheMickeyMouseRules makes me realize it is probably not us and that DLR suffers from it's location in a sprawling metropolis in more ways than lack of land to expand.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. That is never fun and no one goes anywhere to have a bad time, especially not Disney. I am from the east coast and have been to WDW multiple times and DLR only once, but I can say that I noticed a difference in attitudes between both of them. The cast members seemed more apathetic in DLR and there was more of a big city attitude (unsurprisingly), with the cast members just being down right unhelpful. Now I know they say that DLR caters more to passholders because of it's location, but from my one (and probably only at this point) experience there, I would rather be in WDW any time (mostly because it is a 2 and a half hour flight instead of a 6 hour flight).

Perhaps it is the fact that Orlando depends on tourism, seeing as last year Orlando ranked among the largest tourist markets in the world, but overall the attitudes of the cast members was like night and day between the two locations. I have never had any trouble getting in to conversations with cast members in WDW but I didn't find the same helpful and charming attitudes in DLR. I've been going on the assumption that maybe it was just me, but seeing you say that DLR cast members don't have the same positive vibes @TheMickeyMouseRules makes me realize it is probably not us and that DLR suffers from it's location in a sprawling metropolis in more ways than lack of land to expand.
Which is very strange because it's been noted that most of the shows at DLR have more energetic performers than at WDW which suggests they really care about their jobs..... I won't make any judgements because I haven't been to DLR recently but I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience!

Which is very strange because it's been noted that most of the shows at DLR have more energetic performers than at WDW which suggests they really care about their jobs..... I won't make any judgements because I haven't been to DLR recently but I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience!

I may just be jaded. I live in a large city myself and worked in and enjoyed one of those big city amusement parks (not so much now that it has become a huge coaster park).

Back