• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pop ups are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not experienced them myself yet (fingers crossed that I won't); I've currently just accessed DPF via my mobile devices, all Apple products. I'm sure Cicada will see this thread and look into it, but if you want to take the extra step and PM him, you definitely could do that. I already have reached out to him and alerted him to this thread's existence.

For those who are experiencing pop up problems and choose to post here, could you please share the device type and browser you are using? Since the pop ups don't appear to be as pervasive (at this point), maybe we can find a pattern among those who are getting them - and from there, figure out why.

I am getting them again as well; There is a minor forum update available, but I'm unable to do it here at work, so tonight I will take a look at it again. It seems like the exploit is still present and it's the same thing as last time. It;s fixable, so at least there's that, but I do want to try and move to new forum software now, sooner, rather than later. vb4 is very long in the tooth. Just need to figure out how to make that happen, and then worry about hosting going forward.

Also using a MacBook and Safari. Cannot access the forum at all on my laptop because of pop ups. (It won't let me login.). Using Tapatalk on my iPhone to see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the popup from windows 10 with chrome browser or internet edge browser but if I go to use Avast in safe mode it gets blocked by Avast. Avast is doing it's job.

And I do not get it with any other sites.

I am getting the pop-ups on my Android phone using the Chrome web browser.

But I also just got one while logging in on my desktop, using Firefox web browser.

They seem much worse on my phone though.

I'm getting them on the phone. Somehow, I got logged out while on the phone so when I logged back in, pop goes the pop-ups.

I get one only upon log IN (had log out, it is only on log in, everytime) and it opens a new window which I just close then everything seems to work fine. using Win10 with chrome.

Last edited:
Pop ups are getting worse for me. :( For a few days I was able to log in with my computer (I got one initial pop up when logging in; that was it), but now whenever I log in, it signs me right back out and I get redirected to the homepage. Back to only accessing the forum from my phone.

To those of you who are getting pop ups on your phone - Are you using your browser or Tapatalk to view the forum? I've been using Tapatalk with no issues whatsoever.

Add me to the 'getting them now' queue - but so far, only when signing into DPF. As stated above, I access DPF on my mobile Apple devices. What I did not mention is that I utilize Safari, not Tapatalk.

I finally got a chance to update vB to the latest version last night, so hopefully that will have fixed it (for now). Let me know if it's still acting weird :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back