• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible Scrapper Alice and Aladdin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Scrapper Alice and Aladdin?

RiftRaftStreetRat

I don't buy that
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Hey guys! I recently made a purchase on ebay from a UK seller, and got three pins from them. However, Two of the three pins have scrapper alerts, and when I received them in the mail today, I noticed each pin came in an individual baggie. Now, the one pin that I think is authentic did come in it's own zip-lock. The other two however, were in pre-sealed bags, making them more than likely scrappers :(

I apologize in advance for shoddy pictures. My camera is out of commission, so webcam will have to do!

Suspect #1
Pin 32416: WDW - A Family Pin Gathering - Jumbo Frame Set-A Magical Gathering Scrapbook (Alice in Wonderland)

vndpfo.jpg

ibg8q9.jpg

2m6sn0k.jpg

No paint dips but there is an ever-so-slightly rough edge on the left of her skirt.

And Suspect #2 which makes me really sad because it's one of my most wanted ;___;
Pin 54287: DCL - A Villainous Voyage Pin Cruise - Small Frame Set (Aladdin & Abu Only)

344ppj4.jpg

1412gqc.jpg

iggahz.jpg

No rough edges but there is a slight paint dip on abu's arm. :(

And now for suspect #3

I can't even find a pinpics number for this, there are no dips and the edges are clean! So I'm a bit hopeful about this one!

103difo.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic! It says "Disney's Hollywood studios" in teeny tiny writing with carpet, clouds, and a sorcerer mickey hat.

v8lxt2.jpg

The Back is a waffle pattern and says it's a limited Edition of 300

Does anybody have any pictures I can compare mine too? I don't even know if I can ask the seller for a refund if they are scrappers just... bleh :|

Last edited:
Well for your Alice and Aladdin one there is no way to be sure it is a scrapper "No one can guarantee the authenticity of this pin unless it was purchased directly from Disney." Like pinpics says but the eyes on Alice seem to be way blacker and darker then the one on pinpics and for the Aladdin one, I wouldn't say a paint dip means it is a scrapper but alot of times on scrappers they get the backs wrong so does the back of the Aladdin one say "Disney Cruise Line logo, the "Official Pin Trading 2004" logo, "A VILLAINOUS VOYAGE 2004," "Limited Edition of 25," and "© DISNEY MADE IN CHINA."? And now by looking at the pinpics picture Aladdins bangs above his eyebrows doesn't look right, in the pinpics there is a small triangle that shows his forehead while yours seems to show more forehead. I don't know about the last one for there is no picture I can compare it to.
With me not being an expert in mind would say that the top two are scrappers, I would try to contact the seller, but dont tell him you think they are scrappers because he may become rude and will not help you, I would just tell him that I am not happy with my order and would like to return them for my money back. I wish pin traders could just go out into the world and buy a pin without being paranoid it is a scrapper, but because of all these people out there just trying to make a quick buck we must...
I'm really sorry, those would be some awsome pins!

Zero2Hero is absolutly correct about the first 2 especially the Aladdin pin, it's an LE 25 which should have cost you an arm and a leg. Also, those Vilinous Voyage Pins, most of those came with Certificate of Authenticity, especially the low edition pins. No COA would make me VERY suspicious. Now, let me add a little about the last one. That pin post, Disney very seldom put a pin post on the bottom corner of a pin which makes me believe it may be a "Fantasy" Pin. Especially seeings how you can't find it on PP, makes me very suspicious of this one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back