• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Possible scrapper/counterfeit Hannah Montana Marquee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible scrapper/counterfeit Hannah Montana Marquee

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0

I have seen a well known scrapper/counterfeit seller from the east coast sell 2 Hannah Montana Marquees before. The pin is offered w/o its original packaging and the seller's listing claims that "the pin is in good condition, but not new" and also the seller claims that (s)he and 2 boys have traded for these pins in the Disney parks (LMAO).

The seller has 2 completed sales and there is one more listing on Ebay right now. Considering that this marquee pin is LE 150 and also this seller's reputation for selling counterfeit pins, I see red flags.

I am not sure if his/her marquee pins are counterfeits or factory rejects that somehow made ther way into hands of US sellers almost 4 years after their original release on 04/10/2009. But, I personally think they have a good chance to be counterfits.

I sincerely hope that marquees won't be the ones to bite the dust next :(

Last edited:
You used to be able to purchase the clearance pins ($4) on the phone and have them shipped to you, also these were on lanyards for a while when they were on clearance because they made cheap legitimate traders. We traded for a few of them and couldn't give them away at the time lol, boy have times changed.

I have no idea, but even with a clearance bucket sale, a seller from NY trading for 3 of them in the parks is a very slim chance imo.

True, but I kind of figure that "trader" just leaves the same info in the listing, over and over, so people don't automatically think the pin is new. I will go have a look

I saw the listing, and the pin looks pretty legitimate. But like you mentioned, her wording (careful choice of words) make it give off this wrong vibe.

For me it is not only her words, but also the other pins they are selling.

For example, the same seller has the Tinker Bell Mouse Gears DS.com LE 250 pin in a lot of 10 traders, Stitch Mouse Gears in in a second lot and Tinker Bell key hole (again DS.com and LE 250) in a thrid lot of traders. We know by now that these 3 pins I mentioned got also counterfeited.

Maybe it is wrong of me to assume that this marquee bit the dust, but knowing this seller's history (I have been watching their pins for over a year now) gives me reason to be uneasy.

I will continue watching for more Hannah Montana marquees and keep my fingers crossed to be wrong ;)

Last edited:
You used to be able to purchase the clearance pins ($4) on the phone and have them shipped to you, also these were on lanyards for a while when they were on clearance because they made cheap legitimate traders. We traded for a few of them and couldn't give them away at the time lol, boy have times changed.

I got 3 confessions of a shopaholic marquees at dlr off cm lanyards in one night years ago. And I have had clearance dsr pins sent to my house. I see it being very feasable that these people have multiples of these for sale. Remember, the Tangled marquee was once a clearance pin because no one cared about marquees when they were first coming out. I bought and traded 4 of them myself cause at the time they were junk.

Not to discount your hard work though in any way Merry, thank you for the hard work! That seller is very shady...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back