Post Your Complete Sets Here!

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by Disneychildwithin, Apr 24, 2018.

1. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    564   0   0

He definitely did XD

[​IMG]

Even lost a few that one time!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. Amy Roland

Amy Roland New Member

0   0   0

3. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

I remember the first time I saw these pins. It was at the Epcot pin event in 2017, shortly after they had come out. A few people had them on their lanyards and were trading them. I had no idea they existed before that and was disappointed to hear that they were sold out. With 21 pins in the set, and a matching set of chasers, I figured there were way too many to trade for so wouldn't bother with them. Oh well.

Then a couple days later, I'm enjoying a day at the Magic Kingdom and I pop into the frontier trading post to see what they have and, lo and behold, they had the pins! I guess they found some more in the back or whatever and had just put them out. The wife and I grabbed several boxes and I planned to just try to collect the LR colored set since those were nice anyway. But then I let the wife open the boxes and she had a string of good luck and, if I recall correctly, somewhere between a third and half the pins we got were the LE chasers.

So, of course, now I have no choice but to collect the whole set. Which is a LOT of pins. So I am going to take my time doing it and just pick them up here and there when there is a good opportunity. While I like all of them, I do prefer the LR so don't want to go crazy spending a lot of money (or good traders) on the LE.

And here we are, about three years later, and thanks to my recent eBay spree posted separately, I wrapped up the set.

Now what?!

[​IMG]

4. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

So cool!

Ajk likes this.
  5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

That is a very nice set. Love seeing it all together. :)

Ajk likes this.
  6. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Thanks! Although I can't help wondering - Couldn't they find a good shot of Simba with Nala? Did they leave her out on purpose? It's kind of glaring considering how consistent all the others are. :D

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  7. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Congrats. That is an awesome set. Are you going to frame them?

Ajk likes this.
  8. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Thanks. Nah, I'm not much of a framer. Wife won't let me cover the walls. :D
    They'll be happy in the bag with the others. But I will look at them from time to time.

MerlinEmrys and slbrabham like this.
  9. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

Is that the largest mystery set you completed?

Ajk likes this.
  10. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Yeah, must be. I'm not sure I even know a bigger one. :D

11. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

I just started hanging them on the wall and never said a word. No one else did either. You could try that. :)

12. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

The recent IG trade I made for the Aurora throne completed the set. [​IMG]
    After 2 1/2 years of trading, it is complete and ready to frame soon. My niece and I started this set off the trading boards at the Love is an Adventure event. She found Rapunzel and Jasmine while I found Merida and Pocahontas.

It’s the year of completing sets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Gorgeous! Congrats!

slbrabham likes this.
  14. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

The USA map set is bigger... 27 in each side (non-chasers and chasers.) That set was daunting... I gave up before I even started. (One time I found them (after looking for several weeks/months.) The cast members would only sell me 2 boxes... and since finding that stash of the pins had been so difficult... buying 2 at a time when they were available was not going to be enough, so I gave that one up.)

Ajk likes this.
  15. Amy Roland

Amy Roland New Member

0   0   0

Thats awesome xxx

Ajk likes this.
  16. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Man, that is just way too many pins. :)

akarih and momin.ator like this.
  17. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

[​IMG]

Accidentally started this set at Love Is An Adventure pin event when waiting in line for a pin board and the nice guy in front of me turned around and said “I have extra SW ship pieces and I’ll trade them for anything”. He had finished his ship and was moving on with life. Well, he had me at Star Wars so I traded him for his 3 ship pieces. I was at the event another day and half and did not even look for more of the ship. Lol.

Over the past couple of years, I sent out dozens of PinPics requests for the set and made one trade for Yoda. Flash forward to WDW pin trade night in February and I approached every trader with “do you have any of the SW ship pieces?” Lo and behold, one guy had 3 pieces I needed!

Broke down and bought Boba Fett off the bay last week to finish. I am now one with the force!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyke23, Papaya, TammyH and 9 others like this.
  18. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Very nice. Congrats on finishing it!

Haunted575 likes this.
  19. Vasti Carrion

Vasti Carrion New Member

0   0   0

20. firechief18

firechief18 Active Member

Rating - 100%