Post Your Complete Sets Here!

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by Disneychildwithin, Apr 24, 2018.

1. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    562   0   0

He definitely did XD

[​IMG]

Even lost a few that one time!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. Amy Roland

Amy Roland New Member

0   0   0

3. Ajk

Ajk Consider yourself...at home...

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

I remember the first time I saw these pins. It was at the Epcot pin event in 2017, shortly after they had come out. A few people had them on their lanyards and were trading them. I had no idea they existed before that and was disappointed to hear that they were sold out. With 21 pins in the set, and a matching set of chasers, I figured there were way too many to trade for so wouldn't bother with them. Oh well.

Then a couple days later, I'm enjoying a day at the Magic Kingdom and I pop into the frontier trading post to see what they have and, lo and behold, they had the pins! I guess they found some more in the back or whatever and had just put them out. The wife and I grabbed several boxes and I planned to just try to collect the LR colored set since those were nice anyway. But then I let the wife open the boxes and she had a string of good luck and, if I recall correctly, somewhere between a third and half the pins we got were the LE chasers.

So, of course, now I have no choice but to collect the whole set. Which is a LOT of pins. So I am going to take my time doing it and just pick them up here and there when there is a good opportunity. While I like all of them, I do prefer the LR so don't want to go crazy spending a lot of money (or good traders) on the LE.

And here we are, about three years later, and thanks to my recent eBay spree posted separately, I wrapped up the set.

Now what?!

[​IMG]

4. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

So cool!

Ajk likes this.
  5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

That is a very nice set. Love seeing it all together. :)

Ajk likes this.
  6. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Thanks! Although I can't help wondering - Couldn't they find a good shot of Simba with Nala? Did they leave her out on purpose? It's kind of glaring considering how consistent all the others are. :D

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  7. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Congrats. That is an awesome set. Are you going to frame them?

Ajk likes this.
  8. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Thanks. Nah, I'm not much of a framer. Wife won't let me cover the walls. :D
    They'll be happy in the bag with the others. But I will look at them from time to time.

MerlinEmrys and slbrabham like this.
  9. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Is that the largest mystery set you completed?

Ajk likes this.
  10. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Yeah, must be. I'm not sure I even know a bigger one. :D

11. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

I just started hanging them on the wall and never said a word. No one else did either. You could try that. :)

12. slbrabham

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

The recent IG trade I made for the Aurora throne completed the set. [​IMG]
    After 2 1/2 years of trading, it is complete and ready to frame soon. My niece and I started this set off the trading boards at the Love is an Adventure event. She found Rapunzel and Jasmine while I found Merida and Pocahontas.

It’s the year of completing sets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Gorgeous! Congrats!

slbrabham likes this.
  14. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    117   0   0

The USA map set is bigger... 27 in each side (non-chasers and chasers.) That set was daunting... I gave up before I even started. (One time I found them (after looking for several weeks/months.) The cast members would only sell me 2 boxes... and since finding that stash of the pins had been so difficult... buying 2 at a time when they were available was not going to be enough, so I gave that one up.)

Ajk likes this.
  15. Amy Roland

Amy Roland New Member

0   0   0

Thats awesome xxx

Ajk likes this.
  16. Ajk

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0

Man, that is just way too many pins. :)

akarih and momin.ator like this.