• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Presenting... My Pins (with Pictures and DIY Framing Instructions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presenting... My Pins (with Pictures and DIY Framing Instructions)

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Hello, all!

Most of you know me by now. My name is Sara (a.k.a. Sora), I'm 27 years old, and I've been obsessed with pin trading for a few months now. I posted this thread to show you guys how I decided to display my collection, step by step, in case any of you are looking for a simple, inexpensive way to display for your own pins.

Well, up until now, I've just had my pins displayed on random pieces of cork sitting on my nightstand... but I finally decided that my pins deserved a little better than that. :) So... The day before yesterday, I visited Hobby Lobby and bought some materials.

IMG_5375copy.jpg

Big sheets of colored foam paper: 97 cents each.

IMG_5378copy.jpg

Roll of cork: $4.99.

IMG_5380copy.jpg

Wooden frame: $13.

After that, I brought the materials home and started working on my very first pin display.

First, I cut out a piece of colored foam to fit inside the frame. (I decided to use a piece of khaki-colored foam, as I wanted a color that wouldn't distract from the pins themselves - and both black and white looked too harsh against my lavender walls. But if you wanted to do something like this yourself, you could get any color or pattern that appeals to you.)

Then I took out my roll of cork and cut out a piece the same size as the foam. I stuck it behind the foam, as an anchor for the pins.

Behind the cork, I taped a big piece of cardboard for added support.​

Putting all my pins inside the frame was the finishing touch. I didn't really stick to a theme - I just went with the flow, trying to create an assortment of pins that looked good together. Not all of my collection ended up fitting inside, but that's just fine, as I look forward to putting together another frame in the not-too-distant future.

So this is what I came up with:

display.jpg

It took about fifteen minutes to make and cost a total of $20, and if I do say so myself, it looks pretty darn good.

Last edited:
That looks great! :) I was actually wondering how to use that thin cork board since it seemed too thin for pins by itself, and my craft store didn't have anything thicker. I didn't think about adding sheets of foam to it. I might try that with my next one once my first one fills up!

Now that is great. Well done on finding a simple, easy, affordable and really classy way to display your lovely pins (I love all the Lady & Figaro ones!). I might just have to see if I can do something similar! Thanks :bigthumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back