• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

*Price/Bonus Update as of 3/25* Celebrate Disneyland's 60th! 1/2 Off & Free Slots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Price/Bonus Update as of 3/25* Celebrate Disneyland's 60th! 1/2 Off & Free Slots!

Charisma82

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
*Update* Pin Game Update
I have decided upon an end date for my game. Just like Cinderella, you have until the clock strikes midnight (Disneyland/Anaheim time) on Monday, May 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], to buy slots for the game. At that time I will decide whether I have enough slots spoken for to continue with the game and randomly select winners. If there are not enough slots spoken for, I will not ask for payment on slots and will end the game without a winner. Why put an end date on the game? First, I plan on using the money from the game to surprise my sister with a Disneyland trip for her birthday, and her birthday is in June. Second, I think if people are interested, giving them a month to decide if they want to buy into this game or not is enough time to have them decide.
As a bonus (and hopefully a good incentive), the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] slot you purchase will only cost $12. That’s more than half the original price. Buy five slots from me, and not only will you get the 3rd slot for $12, you’ll also get the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] slot free. And, if you buy four or more pins from me, you will get free shipping on the entire order no matter how many more pins you buy. This deal is good until May 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. Thank you for participating in my Disneyland’s 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Celebration pin game. :)

Entry prices have been lowered as of 3/15/16. Also, there will only be 31 spots to sign up for due to pin slots #29 & #30 being joined together as one slot to win.

Hi everyone! In honor of this being the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] year anniversary for Disneyland, I decided to host a pin game. I have several pins that have been released specifically for Disneyland’s 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Diamond anniversary in this game. One of these is the grand prize pin: 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary Countdown Series Diamond – Blue, LE 3000.

Each spot costs $27 and will be shipped as goods through Paypal. Shipping in the U.S. will be $3 for one, two, or three slots; 4 or more slots will be free. International buyers need to PM me so I can get an estimate for their reduced shipping price. Please send payment to knightice820@gmail.com once all slots are full.

There are 33 (in honor of club 33) slots available since slots #29 & #30 are now combined into one slot, but only 31 will be available to sign up for (I’ll explain why as you continue to read). Once all 31 spots are spoken and paid for, they will be randomly selected in the order in which you will choose your pins. If your number is first, you can choose to have the grand prize or any of the 33 pins you want. Then the person with their number chosen 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] will get to pick which pin they want, and so on. If you buy more than one spot, you only get to choose one pin for each turn (so no picking all of your pins with your best spot). I hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn’t.

Why do I only have 31 spots available to buy when there are 33 pin slots? I’ve done this because in slot 33 I have a 60[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary countdown diamond pin that has been smudged. The picture is fine, but a couple of the words were somehow smudged the day I bought it at the park. Because of this I am not going to force anyone to take that pin. Also, slot 34 is not a pin, but a Maleficent iPhone case. I won’t force anyone to pick something that is not a pin. Everyone will get to choose the pins they want, so if you want the smudged pin or the iPhone case, you can pick it, but if no one wants them, they will be left over at the end. And, this way, everyone, even the last person to choose, still gets a choice between three pin slots they may want.

I made sure that if a Hidden Mickey pin is offered, it is in a group with non-Hidden Mickey pins. This way no one buys a slot with only Hidden Mickey pins (and there aren’t that many of them so no worries).

This is going to be my second (& hopefully more successful) pin game I’ve hosted, so if I’m forgetting to mention anything or I’m doing something incorrectly, please let me know.

Thanks and I hope you get the pin(s) you want!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Since this game is in celebration of Disneyland being the happiest place on earth for the last 60 years, I decided that the spots to choose from will be names of people who helped make Disneyland what it is today, whether it’s people from back when the park first opened, or even the people of today who help keep imagination and dreams alive in Walt’s masterpiece. Some names may look familiar and others might not (I know there are SO many others who could be on this list, but I only had room for 32 & wanted a variety of known & lesser-known people). So as a special request, if you don’t know the person(s) you pick for your slot number, look the person up and see what s/he did to help Disneyland become a reality.

1. Walt Disney
2. Roy E. Disney & Roy O. Disney
3. Milt Albright
4. Frank G. Wells
5. Roger E. Broggie
6. John Lounsbery
7. Ed Winger
8. Marc Davis
9. Alice Davis
10. Wally Boag
11. John Lasseter
12. Chuck Boyajian
13. Eric Larson
14. Wolfgang Reitherman
15. Robert A. Iger
16. Bob Gurr
17. Ward Kimball
18. Xavier Atencio
19. Herb Ryman
20. Les Clark
21. Mary Anne Mang
22. Tony Baxter
23. Michael Eisner
24. Ken Anderson
25. Ub Iwerks
26. Fess Parker
27. Milt Kahl
28. Richard & Robert Sherman
29. Cicely Rigdon
30. George K. Whitney
31. Ollie Johnston & Frank Thomas

Last edited:
Boy, it's been a while since Ive played a game. However the pricing is a bit out of my league for the risk v reward. Ill wait and see if the price goes down :) Good luck! (love the idea on having people look up their choices to learn more about the park...very interactive!)

I really want to play, but my pin budget is gone right now. I will be back if this is still open when I go back to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back