Pulse Gallery / Artland Pins

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by starry_solo, Nov 28, 2019.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

So, now that Pulse Gallery / Artland has taken over from HotArt for the distribution of ACME pins, has anyone purchased anything from them?

I noticed they have the older HotArt / ACME pins and a new stock of pins with new backer cards. For the older ones, do they still come on the HotArt cards or have they been replaced with the Artland cards?

They seem to have a few of the same distributors as HotArt too.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  2. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

I have ordered only the new pins. They have arrived on Artland cards.

Price: has increased significantly from the old Hotart. Even the old stock (from before Artland) is priced much higher than it was previously. Thus, the primary reason I have opted out of purchasing the older pins, which in my opinion should be getting marked down... not getting more expensive.

It was recently highlighted to me (and I did confirm this is true of the pin I ordered from the new Artland stock) only the backing cards note the LE size. The back of the pin does not note an LE size (although it does say "limited edition"... just not a number.) I find this to be a bit different than what I consider to be the recent norm for documenting limited edition size on Disney pins. Not sure I am a fan of the missing LE size number (ie, 100, 250, 300, etc.)

Shipping: The pins took quite awhile to arrive (of course they were coming from the UK) and I ordered several pins and only one showed up. When I followed up on the order I learned they had just not recognized all of the pins in my order (they of course did take all of my money with the original order.) So quality control for shipping failed for my first shipment. They did readily ship the missing pins and they showed up much quicker and the second shipment was correct.

Quality: The pin quality has been decent. Not perfect, but decent. One pin came with some nice artwork, which had a fold line down the middle. I contacted Artland to request a replacement and did not receive a response. Need to follow-up again on that.

LadyBarclay likes this.
  4. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I noticed the prices went up. I don't have any of the older pins but did they all have the LE size on them? The jumbos were the smallest LE size of 100, right?

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I have to go check the ones I do have (only a few), but I seem to recall them having the LE size on all of them, even the "trading pins" that were LE200 and kind of small.

Perhaps it's to save on the mold costs?

6. bretu

bretu Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I ordered the new ones and got free shipping. I have to look at the backs when I get home. I loved the color and size off the pins,plus the free shipping made up for price increase.

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

I just posted a picture (back and front) of the Artland Porg pin to pintradingdb.com. There was no LE size or even mention of 'limited edition" on the back of the pin.

Pin: 30383

8. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

What?!

9. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Happy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

It does not even say Artland on the back of the pin. From ACME Archives Ltd instead.

10. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

The 4 Villain pins I ordered: Cruella De Vil, Old Hag, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent have "250" written on the backer cards.

The back stamp:
    Officially Licensed Pin from Artland
    (c) Disney
    All Rights Reserved
    Limited Edition

I THINK these are "New" releases since I can't find them anywhere in the Acme/HotArt inventory. They are BIG and HEAVY and the art work is very good. I believe a lot of the "older" pins are an inventory dump from PinPics/Pinopolis/Pin Masters all associated with the PinPic's owners fiasco.

11. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Happy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

you might remember

Pin 263 WDW - Haunted Mansion E-Ticket
    The originals had the qty 3000 stamped on the back
    And then
    ***BEWARE*** Please be advised that there are unauthorized versions of these pins being sold from China directly to individuals not associated with Disney. No one can guarantee the authenticity of this pin. The back of the unauthorized version is missing the edition size of “3000”. There is no numerical figure in that space.

I relayed my concerns to Graham Parker, founder of ArtLand Publishing, on why Disney molds the edition size on to all its LE's.
    He said he would look into it. He also said

"We make a complete run of an edition, say 250 pieces plus 25 artist proofs and 25 printers proofs. We hold a register for each edition sold and to whom. The ap’s and pp’s are stamped on the rear. Then we have someone in China who sees the molds destroyed. Under our contract with Disney we keep the design information on our record though they own the copyright and they give us a licence for only the edition amount. I think there are enough checks and balances in place to ensure collectors are protected."

We shall see......

12. disneykins

disneykins DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

The New Exclusive Stitch and Angel Artland Pin Series WILL have the Limited Edition size of 150 imprinted on the back of the pins. I believe going forward all of the new Artland pins will have the edition size imprinted unless they are currently in the production stage. The first pin of the series is called MEA ALOHA which means "Loved One", measures approximately 2.75" by 2.00" and is approximately 4MM in thickness. It is available for reservations now from select retailers and will be in hand in mid January. I do not believe Artland will be selling the pin series directly to the public.

The back stamp of this pin will read as follows:

Officially Licensed Pin from Artland
    (c) Disney
    All Rights Reserved
    Limited Edition of 150

Each backer card will be individually numbered as well. (e.g. 1/150. 2/150, 3/150.....etc.)

Additionally, there will also be a very small number of A/P and P/P's available for purchase as well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    starry_solo likes this.