• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about Disney Soda Fountain pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Disney Soda Fountain pins

raspberrycindy

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started collecting pins and I just LOVE the pins that the Disney Soda Fountain releases. I have gone to there a couple of times now (for pins and movies) but I never seem to find the pins I want when I go the week of the release. Does anyone know how fast the soda fountain pins usually sell out? Also, how often do they change the free pins that comes with the sundae?

Depending on what pins are released, DSF could sell out before the doors open. For example the new UP pins coming will probably sell out before the store opens due to all the people that will waiting in line the night before. As far as the PWP sunday pin, i think they change it out when one sells out. Could be wrong about that tho.

Wow I didn't know the pins are so popular. When would you suggest I get there for the UP pins?

Last edited:
Depending on what pins are released, DSF could sell out before the doors open. For example the new UP pins coming will probably sell out before the store opens due to all the people that will waiting in line the night before. As far as the PWP sunday pin, i think they change it out when one sells out. Could be wrong about that tho.

You are correct about the PTD (pin trader delight) pins - a new design is brought out when the current one sells out. As I recall, the PTD pins are usually LE 300. You can purchase the pin without the sundae for the same price.

But wouldn't eating the sundae be part of the fun??? I wish I could eat a Sundae and then a pin to have a "dessert". That would be so cool.

Since when?

My friends have always been refused that when I asked them to get me an extra. And two of those sundaes are a lot of ice cream.

No idea when it started but when I was there on Sunday, that's what the CM said. That you could buy the pin with or without the sundae but it was the same price as the sundae.

No idea when it started but when I was there on Sunday, that's what the CM said. That you could buy the pin with or without the sundae but it was the same price as the sundae.

Last time one of my friends was refused was this past Saturday only. :shock:

I remember I tried to get an extra Jessica three years ago and was told no, only with the sundae back then too.

When they told me only with a sundae, I went ahead & asked a Mommy & daughter having lunch if they would like to each have a "free sundae" for dessert & they were delighted, so I told the waiter to give them my sundaes & I took the 2 pins.
Or you can just tell them you don't want the sundae but if they insist you will just have to waste it by not eating it, they will sell you the pin, they do't wantit going to waste either.

Last time one of my friends was refused was this past Saturday only. :shock:

I remember I tried to get an extra Jessica three years ago and was told no, only with the sundae back then too.

I guess it depends on the CM. I have never had a problem getting pins without a sundae...

If you go for a morning pin release, the food side of the house is not open yet, they have been allowing you to pay for the sundae at the Merchandise register and then get the pin that way. As I noted in another thread, they let me ask for just a Jr. Sunday size. I don't need two scoops!

Since when?

My friends have always been refused that when I asked them to get me an extra. And two of those sundaes are a lot of ice cream.

Since at least May, the first time I purchased pins at DSF. Just bought two cheshires last weekend with no Ice Cream, so I am speaking from first hand knowlege. They just charge you the same price whether or not you get the ice cream.

While it has been a little while since my last visit, the Soda Fountain has usually let you buy something from the menu at the higher Sundae price to qualify for the pin. But I will admit, the Pin Trader sundae is the sweeter part of the deal. Especially if you're visiting on a nice hot sunny day.

While it has been a little while since my last visit, the Soda Fountain has usually let you buy something from the menu at the higher Sundae price to qualify for the pin. But I will admit, the Pin Trader sundae is the sweeter part of the deal. Especially if you're visiting on a nice hot sunny day.

I think they stopped this a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back