• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about how to categorize my pins on Pinpics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about how to categorize my pins on Pinpics

Meechie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi,
I have a question about the pins I'm selling on the sales board. In regards to my Pinpics account should I list these pins on my "collection" list (where they are listed right now), or should I move them to my "trades" list though I'm not actively trading at this time.

I have the trade assistant turned off right now and so I didn't think I should have the pins I'm selling listed under trades, but now I'm thinking maybe I should???

Advice on how I should categorize them on my Pinpics account is appreciated, thanks. :)

I am of the opinion that if you have no intention of trading the pin online then it shouldn't be listed under your trades. It gives people looking to trade online the wrong impression of what is available and gets their hopes up.

I realize that some people use Pinpics to inventory their pin and not to trade online. That is fine, but I still think the pins need to stay off the trades list then. This is where I really wish Pinpics had more buckets available. A bucket for keepers, a bucket for trades in person, and a bucket for online trading so that people could put them wherever they wish. Unfortunately that option isn't available as of now, so I think people should still keep their pins off their trades list and keep a separate collection account for their traders if they really feel the need to inventory their wants and keeps online.

So, for selling your pins I would keep them in your collection and refer people there. They can look that up just as easily as your trades.

Last edited:
I created a second account when I was making a list of the pins I wanted to sell and I put them under the "collection" listing, only because I didn't want to mess with the want/trade numbers since people will base a trade off those numbers. Since I'm neither wanting or trading the pin, that's the only one that made sense to me :)

I have to admit, I never thought about messing up the want-to-trade ratios when listing sales under your traders. That's a very good point (although I haven't sold pins yet; I'm too busy trying to get more!!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back