• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question regarding Boxed Mystery Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding Boxed Mystery Sets

noone

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just opened up my four boxes of the "Adventure is out there" set. And realized i got three identical boxes and thankfully the fourth was different. With open edition mystery boxes do the same pins always come together in the box? i.e. the same two pins are always paired together?

In my case
--Mickey Balloon with Cricket Balloon
--Pinocchio Balloon with Dopey Balloon

(just in case anyone is curious about that set)

Yeah, as stated, not all sets do. But I do think the Adventure set does. I got three identicals, as well...they were all Minnie and Simba.

I had a similar experience with the Hollywood 25th Anniversary mystery boxes. Many times, I would get the same two in a box, but not always. I'd think that this set is probably similar. I'd buy some boxes from a different location and see if the pattern breaks. That's how I broke it with the set mentioned above.

When I bought Vinylmation Popcorns in search of chasers (10+ boxes), I often ended up with the same pairings. Also, my girlfriend got a lot of identical pairings in her pursuit of completing the retro Disneyland attraction set (10+). Unique pairings happened but only rarely in our observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back