• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN ID Questions about Error pins

PIN ID Questions about Error pins

Mcgilligan

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So how do you evaluate the value of an error pin? Age? The value of the closest non error pin?

I found out I have an error pin, literally it is a mashup of two pins in the same series. All pins in series are pin on pin, the error has the back of one and the front of another.

I am not sure I want to keep them all.

Will post a picture soon.

facbac3b10161a3d033b59a58d3788d9.jpg

You may notice the Splash Mountain pin in the middle has the Space Mountain background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some collectors like/value an error pin for their collection. I, personally, have a few errors and I would Trade them like the correct version of the pin. I do not value them any more or less.

I dislike error pins and have traded them out 1:1 for the correct versions in the past. To me, they're a mistake and they bug me. To others, they are a fun variant to collect. That choice is quite individual.

It's like AP or PP pins - either you really like them and want to collect them - or you don't care so long as you have some version of the pin you want and don't value them extra at all. (That said, while I've no use for error pins, I do love AP's and PP's, so... yeah. Individual taste and preference.)

I think that it depends on the mistake. I think this one is hillarious, I kinda wish it was showing the matterhorn and said splash mountain i would be interested in that mashup :)

Loving your circa 2000-2001 pins, those really take me back in time :) I remember how no one wanted those opening day pins back then, now i wish i'd picked up a set LOL. thats life.

Back