Real?

Discussion in 'Pin Comparison' started by Hope Princess, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Hope Princess

Hope Princess Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I traded for this in the parks today and I have no knowledge on Tokyo pins! Thoughts? Thanks![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

This is one that has been sold very frequently by the suspicious sellers on Ebay. There is one seller that puts them all on an oversized card, and I think people have reported seeing them being sold at the cheap tourist stores on International Drive by WDW. So unless you witnessed a Japanese guest putting it on the lanyard, I would assume it is one of the unauthorized versions.

However, I have yet to see a good description of "what to look for" regarding these game prize pins. It's very annoying because this is a theme I want to collect. So I tend to buy mine from Japanese based sellers, still in their correct baggies.

I just noticed that the Disney copyright looks tilted. Is that how it looks in person, I'm guessing it's not supposed to do that.

Also, one thing I saw once was that the unauthorized pins are underfilled. It kind of looks that way in Mickey's headpiece. But I haven't seen enough people talk about it to know how common a flaw it is.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Hope Princess likes this.
  3. Hope Princess

Hope Princess Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks! I had a funny feeling that this guy probably wasn’t real but wanted to see what others thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk