• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Receiving Pins From France

I just did a trade and we both mailed yesterday. I'll follow-up when they arrive and let you know. I have traded with other parts of Europe and it usually takes about a week or so.

3 weeks! Last time I got postage from France, it took 3 weeks. I had almost lost hope it would get to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your replies. Your responses help.

I think the only time I got something from anywhere in Europe was when I ordered from Harrods and Hamleys about 10 years ago. I don't believe the packages took too long as the items were coming from a retail store that deals with international mail all the time.

I think it depends; are you expecting pins from a trader (who is more likely to use the standard mail) or an entity like DLRP (who is more likely to use a professional shipping company like DHL)?

Believe it or not, I have received packages in as little as 7 days.

Any then there are the other times, 3-4 weeks.

Several variables involved.

I wouldn't worry unless it's closing in on 4 weeks.

And you have the eBay buyer protection.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Ah, okay. With standard international shipping, on average, I think it's reasonable to expect a package anywhere from 2-3 weeks, but I would recommend allowing up to 4-6 weeks. You have to remember the parcel needs time for air/ground travel, handling, and clearing customs (and let's face it, the postal service moves at its own special pace).

I wouldn't worry unless you're closing in on the end of eBay's buyer protection time; I think you can just sit back and (impatiently) wait for your new pins to arrive in your mailbox.

My package arrived today from France.

It turns out the person sent my package priority mail, which is why it only took 1 week. However, it was processed through Chicago International Airport. I live on the west coast, so don't know why it went the way it did. Also, the tracking # was changed when it arrived in the U.S. and I wasn't notified. Luckily, I was home when the package arrived as I had to sign for it. I also didn't know I'd have to sign for it. Oh, well! I'm just glad the package arrived. Love my pins.

Was wondering though if anyone else had a similar situation with pin packages from France.

Glad your pins have arrived.

Regarding Chicago: When I have tracked my shipments to France (or really any international package) they almost always go through Chicago. This is true even when I ship to Asia. (My shipments start in NM, so Chicago is def. the wrong direction for Asia.) Must be some significant hub for USPS international packages.

Another thought on international shipping: if I ship using the online system from paypal for international packages my packages seem to flow through the system a bit faster and arrive at their destination quicker. Could entering the data into a computer speed things along (rather than the hand completion of the customs form?) It is an 'n' of probably 20 packages, so not statistically significant by any means.

Final observation: Using paypal international shipping also gives me better access to tracking using the customs number.

I have found that sometimes my French package requires a signature and other times it doesn't.
It depends if the sender insured or not the pinmail. When the pinmail is very valuable and impossible to replace if lost, i add insurance to be sure i'd be able to have money back. And i hope postal services are more carefull with the package if they have to payback in case of damage or loss.

Back