• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Repairing loose elements on a pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repairing loose elements on a pin

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
A call out for help from everyone. I remember seeing a thread somewhere on here about repairing broken posts, but I can't seem to find it. So I'm starting a new thread with an additional question.

I have a few pins with posts that are only loose, not broken off. Also, I have a couple of pins where the rivets holding the pin on pin elements have started to loosen a bit. I think solder might be overkill for this minor of a repair, so I was wondering if anyone had any long-term success with super glue or another adhesive/bonding agent. For those that have performed minor surgery on your pins, what worked best for you?

I have repaired a pin on pin by using a peening tool and mallet on it and hitting the rivet end tight again. face down on a sheet of rubber backing board to not scratch the face. worked perfectly
Have a few pins with loose posts used Jb weld on two of them but left the others alone.

That's the thread. Thanks, Bryan!

Ah, great idea for repair on the pin on pin. Need to get a good rubber backing though. Thanks for the suggestion! :bigthumb:

Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.