• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rookie looking for help

Rookie looking for help

Jungleking

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello pin traders. I recently decided begin to let go of an extensive collection I have picked up over the past 15 years but have no idea how this place works or the best way to do it. Any seasoned sellers that can help? I would be very grateful for all advice. Thanks!

Welcome! :lgm: A few quick initial thoughts:

1. Sorry to hear you are leaving the hobby!:(
2. You have to be on the Forum for a certain amount of time (I think a week or so? and have a certain number of posts (one down, more to go) before you can create a sales thread. There is a pinned thread on the sale forum with the details on that as well as other rules such as:
3. You can only accept PayPal Goods and Services, so keep in mind PayPal will be subtracting a fee from whatever you are paid.
4. You have to list prices on your post. No just "make me an offer". Although you can accept offers different from your posted price if you like.
5. Regardless of where you sell them, be sure to check out somewhere like eBay to get a sense of current value. Be sure to check things that have actually sold, not ones that haven't sold yet and they are just asking (and maybe not getting) a certain price. Also some folks suggest looking only at auctions, not Buy It Now prices.
6. Depending on the size of your collection and how much effort you want to put into it, you might want to consider selling it all at once. You will likely get less money than if you sell just individual pins, but certainly less time/effort. Or a nice in between option is breaking it into groups such as Stitch pins, Princess pins, etc.

Good luck on your sale! I look forward to seeing what you are selling.

Back