• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

RSP Clarification for a Newcomer.....PTY

RSP Clarification for a Newcomer.....PTY

jazzamber

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi pin friends!

So, I understand how the RSP process works (functionally) but I'm still a bit unclear about the reality of it. Allow me to offer a "completed" sheet example:

RSP1 - Pin A - LE 200
RSP2 - Pin B - LE 300
RSP3 - Pin C - LE 300

If Pin A is a super popular and/or low LE pin.....theoretically, I could miss out. So I would get nothing from my RSP1 choice.

Likewise, the same could happen with RSP2 and RSP3 slots....especially because I have now listed them as 2nd and 3rd priority and will only "win" if there are leftovers from anyone who picked that same pin in their RSP1 slot.

It is entirely possible to not get any pins.....am I understanding this correctly?

In my mind, you could walk away with 3++ pins but you could also walk away with zero.

I am planning my first pin event attendance and was hoping someone could confirm this math and also looking for any tips/suggestions on strategies to complete the RSP sheets for some reasonable assurance of not walking away completely empty handed. (Yes, I understand that it is a "gambling/lottery-type" process, but it seems a bit unfair that I could get nothing. It would be nice to at least be guaranteed my third RSP choice, lol!!)

TIA, everyone!

I have now done roughly 7-8 RSPs. I almost always get my first few picks. And I think this is pretty common (to get first few picks.) it would be super unlucky to end with no pins.

Some ways I pick my order:
1) make buckets. Collection pins or trader pins, collection usually are listed first
2) analyze what pin/pins will be most popular. Consider listing the most popular earlier in the rsp.
3) otherwise list pins for collection first
4) within my buckets, lowest LE is listed first... In general.

You've got it.

Back in 2008, they had 4 Figment Statues w/ Pins as options. Most people put the one that was of DaVinci's Vitruvian Man as #1 on their RSP. It's an awesome figure / pin. However, my Dad put them in order of their number, and the Vitruvian Figment was last. So he ended up getting 3 out of the 4 figures. Because his #1 was not the Vitruvian, his #2 was not whatever most people put 2nd, and so on. When it got to his 4th pick on RSP, obviously the Vitruvian was long gone, so he missed out on that line.

So yes, there is definitely an advantage to saying "I really, really want this, but I don't think I will win it," and not listing it as the #1. Especially, now that they have split attendees into 2 groups where the people who pay more, get their RSPs fulfilled before the lower priced tier.

I organize my wants list by LE size (lower LE listed higher), character popularity, and price and then try to balance those out. A low LE, but an unpopular character may still be winner lower on your list. A more expensive option like a boxed set may survive longer than a cheaper individual pin.

If you have family also attending, or a friend that doesn't collect a lot, it can also be advantageous to put your, say, top 3 items in a different order. So on one RSP you list the pin you don't expect you'll get #1, and on another RSP skip it. If you win more than your family wants, you can contact them and cancel the extras.

Back