• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Shellie May (the Disney Bear!)

Shellie May (the Disney Bear!)

Alexa

Active DPF Member
Rating - 99%
205   2   0
Hello! I'm looking for Shellie May, Duffy's (companion) friend. From what I know she is only available is Japan.
As you all know...Japan and the US aren't exactly close to each other.

I'm willing to trade away pins for the cost of the bear.
If there's anyone out there whom is willing to trade away a Shellie May then please pm me!
I'm in dire need of her. My Duffy needs a companion! :)

517e943e.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't she cute?!? I wish they would release her here, too. I bought another Duffy to dress like Shellie May(hoping to get some cool Japan Shellie May clothes), but I want the real thing. I heard rumours that she is supposed to come here soon, but who knows when. :( They have some on Ebay but they are going for quite a bit.

Oh my goodness! She is to die for! I can't believe how adorable she is. My boyfriend is going to flip out if they bring her here to the USA. Secretly, I'm hoping they will because I don't want to pay $50 for a normal sized Shellie May when I can get a jumbo (28") Duffy for $30!

Funny enough, these two came in the post last night.

Cost is expensive, about $50 for the two (they are the small keychain sized)

attachment.php

Aww, I love Shellie. My husband got her for me from eBay for my birthday in October. I hope you're able to get one!! She's precious.

I'm hoping my boyfriend eventually decides to get one for me but that isn't looking too well right now. Haha.

Funny enough, these two came in the post last night.

Cost is expensive, about $50 for the two (they are the small keychain sized)

attachment.php

That's crazy! I wonder why she is so expensive. :(
Wish they would just sell her on DisneyStore.com for the rest of us outsiders.

Yeah, my Duffy from Japan is 3,800 yen in 2010, which is just around $50 with the conversion rate. Most of the merchandise is expensive, as the others have stated.

This is Duffy's official site, and it lists everything that is currently available at TDS, along with the prices so you can get a good idea:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tds/duffy/goods/index.html

It's in Japanese, but you can just click the pictures to see the costs.

As far as getting on ds.com goes, that's not likely to ever happen with Japanese merchandise- TDL and TDS are co-owned by another company (Ocean), so they have a lot of say in what happens over there.

I would say that you should just wait out Shellie Mae here in the States, but I'm getting conflicting reports as to whether or not Duffy is doing well in the States. Monty told me last PTN that there's not likely to be a lot of new (USA) Duffy merchandise until October. ::shrug:: If Duffy himself isn't taking off, they might not introduce Shellie Mae...

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance that she'll come over, at this point.

A Duffy without his Shellie May!? :(
Were you looking for the regular sized Shellie or one of the smaller sized ones?

Me and my wife Collect pretty much all Tokyo Duffy Goods, the Sweet Valentine event things are on the way now ;3 and I just got my first Duffy & Shellie Tattoo done a few weeks ago ^w^

404540_2323533729600_1287301628_31767310_130241128_n.jpg

Oh my goodness! I love it! SO adorable! :) <3
That's something I would totally do.

Whether or not if they update his merch, I just want him to stay here in the US.

Last edited:
After much insistence from my wife, we got a Shellie May from Ebay for about $50 mailed from Wisconsin, now I might go ahead and get a Japanese Duffy to match as the Duffy we got at WDW (2011 pre-dressed) is almost half shellie's size.

After much insistence from my wife, we got a Shellie May from Ebay for about $50 mailed from Wisconsin, now I might go ahead and get a Japanese Duffy to match as the Duffy we got at WDW (2011 pre-dressed) is almost half shellie's size.

How big is your Shellie May? I noticed the Japanese site had S/M/L sizes and I'm trying to figure out the actual length between all of them.

The large is the 27 inch the medium is the 18.9 inch and the small is the 11 inch :3

My 28" Duffy was only $37! I'd feel like I were getting ripped off if I purchased a medium Shellie May for $50.
I noticed this about the clothes. But I prefer my large Duffy to be unclothed because he's just so cute the way he is.

A Duffy without his Shellie May!? :(
Were you looking for the regular sized Shellie or one of the smaller sized ones?

Me and my wife Collect pretty much all Tokyo Duffy Goods, the Sweet Valentine event things are on the way now ;3 and I just got my first Duffy & Shellie Tattoo done a few weeks ago ^w^

404540_2323533729600_1287301628_31767310_130241128_n.jpg

AWESOME!! Nice ink...so cute!

The Sweet Duffy stuff is KILLING me, because (you'll love this...):

We touch down on White Day (3/14), and at the time I booked and paid for our tickets, I didn't realize that it's the final day for the Sweet Duffy merchandise! :(

So we arrive around 4 PM, and by the time we get our stuff and out of Narita, it will be almost 6. Also? We are usually TOAST after that flight (to give you an idea, I threw up several times from headache and lack of sleep).

BUT- I really, REALLY love the Sweet Duffy merchandise, and it would KILL me to miss it by half a day. So now I have a decision to make- split up from my husband and go to TDS and buy an evening pass while he goes to the hotel with our luggage (assuming I'm not too physically ill to do so), go the next day and hope for the best (or the kindness of cast members willing to raid the back rooms...and this also pushing our Aki trip back one day), or just go when we had originally planned in our trip and once again hope for the best.

::le sigh::

Back