Shopdisney's packaging

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Shelterkat, Aug 4, 2020.

1. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Unbelievable, my 8 pin order from 8/27 just delivered and I can see from my doorbell cam that it's in one of the unpadded plastic envelops, and it made a terrible sound when the UPS guy set it down on my porch so likely no additional padding. Looks like my run of luck with their carelessness is over. :mad:

2. Sortlora

Sortlora Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Just had the exact same experience. I got my pins in a plastic envelope that was dirty and had holes in it. It looks like it was runover by a truck. Almost all of the pins are fine with the exception of the snow white cruiser pin which has a dent in the bubble. However the cards for all the pins are completely destroyed. Bent, torn, you name it. So disappointing

3. *Firefly*

*Firefly* Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I lucked out, mine all survived too. Agree that it's disappointing. They make so much margin on these products they can certainly afford to ensure that the whole process delights their guests but they don't.

4. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

Package 2 came yesterday - contained a tote bag, an Ink and Paint key, a Hamilton pin, and a Rainbow Unicorn plush. It was in a sturdy box in very good condition - no crushing, holes, ripped off tape, etc. Inside my items were bundled together securely in a plastic bag (similar to a trash bag). I think it helped that I had two larger soft items that they put on the outside of the bundle, so the two other items were protected inside.The key was in great condition and the tag was not bent. The Hamilton pin doesn't really have packaging that can be bent unless something went VERY wrong.

coblj003 likes this.
  5. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Do you like the Hamilton pin?

6. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

I ordered the Jafar Emblem yesterday, and today I got a "chargeback" on my bank account for it. It's not sold out and there was money in the account. Does anyone know what this means?

7. Daylily

Daylily Member

0   0   0

Well, color me shocked because I received a very well-packaged Sleeping Beauty Enchanted Emblems pin in the mail today. It was in a padded envelope, and carefully wrapped with a decent amount of bubble wrap. That probably means that my next order is going to be flung at my doorstep in nothing more than a paper bag loosely tied with twine, but for today I am reasonably pleased.

swscref likes this.
  8. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Is it possible that the system charged you twice for the pin? What does the order status say on ShopDisney?

9. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    323   0   0

It is on the dinky side (about the size of a quarter), and there are no markings at all on the back so it's not technically a Disney pin even though it was sold on ShopDisney. It's pretty thin, too, though it seems sturdy enough where I don't feel like it's going to snap in two where his legs are unless I really try. And it's not as brilliantly GOLD as it appears on the site. It has a very slight bronzy tint, which I prefer over the bright yellow gold.

[​IMG]

I don't think it's necessarily a $10 pin (I'd put it more at $6), but if it's the only official one they're going to make I don't regret getting it. Its a neat little addition to my work-from-home message board.

[​IMG]

Cheshirecat26 and coblj003 like this.
  10. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

It is a wee little pin.

11. Shelterkat

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

Well the mysterious "chargeback" disappeared from my bank account and the pin appears to have been shipped and should arrive 9/9. Weird.:eek:

swscref and coblj003 like this.
  12. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

So this is a first for me and probably anyone on this forum:
    I check on my tracking on the UPS site and it says the package for the I Collect - Pixar and Enchanted Emblem - Jarfar pins is being sent back to Disney as I rejected it. I had heard the UPS truck pull into the area but no knock or doorbell. I contact UPS to see what was happening and was told the driver noticed the box was "empty" and is returning it back to Disney. Since I didn't get to see the box I couldn't shake it to see if I could hear the pins in the box. All UPS could tell me is to contact the sender. On hold with shopdisney now to see what I can do.

13. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

All I can say is one big WOW. I know this may be different as they are a private business but wouldn’t that be seen as tampering with mail if they do not send a package, could they be held liable? What would happen if it was an irreplaceable art print or something similarly lightweight???

14. echan50

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

That's a good question. And if they were just going to have me chase down shopdisney at the end wouldn't it been better that they delivery the "empty" box and they are no longer liable for anything? BTW, still on hold with shopdisney.

15. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Curious to hear what happens.

16. echan50

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Only on hold for 1 hours with shopdisney and was told to contact UPS as it was their driver who decided that the package was not deliverable. So I call UPS and they basically told me I need to talk to shopdisney and let them know UPS as the package and allow UPS to open to verify my items are in the box so they can delivery it or if empty box then UPS returns. Honestly neither one of these companies are going to spend time on this and shopdisney will just issue a refund or giftcard. What a nightmare.

17. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

This is so frustrating.

18. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I’m so sorry this is happening! What a mess. The UPS guy, while he was trying to be nice, actually made things so much harder... I hope they make it right for you!!!

19. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

At this moment I would be forceful with them and let them know it is their responsibility to deliver it regardless if it is empty; deliver it as is and you will file the claim with shopDisney or say you will file a complaint against them for theft as the driver has stated it was empty and won’t deliver unless given permission to “open“ a sealed box from shopDisney. Really, does the driver really want to risk losing his job for $50?

20. Cheshirecat26

Cheshirecat26 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Love the Celeste pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeerkat likes this.
  21. Shelterkat

Rating - 100%
    402   0   0

Ok well I just received the two items I ordered since I made the call to have my orders "hand picked and packed" and I can say it actually worked! I ordered a Garmin Vivofit watch and an Emblem pin. They came in separate boxes. Each box was VERY well padded with air pillows and each box was a small and appropriate size. Not the gigantic, crushable sizes we've seen. I'm very pleased. The pin itself has a couple small creases on the card but I truly believe it went into the box that way and wasn't caused by mailing because it was very well cushioned. So, I urge all of you to go to my original post and call that number, even if you have to wait on hold.

22. theoucharis

theoucharis Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

@Shelterkat, anything you said or spoke to specifically for this? I was told that because of covid-19, they do not have the ability to handle orders as specially at this time. Do I need to try and speak to some directly?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

23. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

So today my package arrived from Disney. Box was in great shape, but there was one strip of tape across the bottom. Get this, I was able to slide the flap out very easily since it was not taped properly, and didn’t actually have to cut into the box/tape at all. Thank goodness nothing fell out or no one tried to open the box because it did not require much effort. I swear they have all the 2nd graders off of school right now packaging these things. No one in their right mind would do it so badly.

24. linkata4

linkata4 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I can pack better than what you're saying. A big box?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

25. mybabykelly

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

Yeah a bigger box with one strip of tape, clearly not secured or pushed down. The tape was hanging and so it was easy to slide the flap out. Thanking my lucky stars everything was there.