Shopdisney's packaging

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Shelterkat, Aug 4, 2020.

1. linkata4

linkata4 Member

0   0   0

Isn't it common sense to package the pins in bubble wrap and bubble envelope in a box.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    227   0   0

I wish they used said common sense more often :-/

3. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

This is my question: if shopdisney is using UPS, why doesn't shopdisney just use the boxes that UPS has already? This is coming to my mind after seeing the boxes that DSSH uses for their online releases. As everyone has experience when you order just a few pins it can come in a big box, bubble mailer, or a plastic mailer (like those that clothing would come in). Since there is no set rules for the employees to know which shipping material to use, why can't those flat rate boxes be used?

Update on my situation: right now the UPS tracking indicates they opened the box and noted nothing in there and UPS has contacted shopdisney. I have yet to make a call as I'm in working meetings all day but this is getting out of hand now.

4. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    400   0   0

No one specific, just the phone number in my original post. I don't have the name of whom I spoke to but she never mentioned Covid19. I was very pleased with how my items were sent/packaged. I just hope it will be this way moving forward and that it wasn't just this order!;)

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  5. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

It also appears that shopdisney is no longer listing tracking numbers for items that have shipped.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020 at 8:37 PM
  6. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    227   0   0

It’s pretty sad that I get nervous each and every time that my pins will show up mangled.... praying to the pin Gods that my BTM set comes in good condition.

7. AlaskanMalamute

AlaskanMalamute Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

You can use the UPS app. Create an account with the same email you have registered with your shop Disney account or which ever email you use for purchases. The app will automatically enroll any known active tracking numbers to your email. You can then set alerts for each shipment. So even if the shipping emails don’t go out the ups label once created will populate and push through the app.

8. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Well, to be a bright light in this sea of overwhelming negativity, I received a box today that was beautifully packaged. Sturdy box, well taped. Pin was placed between two t-shirts for some protection. Christmas ornament wrapped in bubble wrap. Plush and ears each tucked into plastic bags. All placed on top of the big bubble pillows. Granted, it's more than just some pins, but the care of packing is still very appreciated![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I have been ordering the Toy Story Remix pins in addition to MMMA. I also have been away from home for 3 weeks, primarily for work. So I had 4 boxes and about 6 packages from shopdisney waiting for me last night when I arrived home (some of the Remix pins have shipped individually - why? who knows.) The boxes were ridiculous, but the pins were okay. One of the boxes had the same poorly taped flap, so was effectively open, but nothing fell out.

4 of the 6 blue packages were bubble mailers. No significantly bent cards in the bubble mailers (the Remix Carl was bent at the top, but that does happen at the weakest point.)

2 of the 6 packages were in mylar (no bubble) and unfortunately each contained one of the Pluto mystery boxes. Both boxes were crushed. Pictures do not do justice to just how crushed they are. Will have to call shopdisney since I did not place an order for damaged product. There goes an hour of my time.

Overall, I will give shopdisney... shipping was on averaged improved (2 our 10, so only 20% were poorly packaged and damaged.)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020 at 8:52 AM
  10. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

Wait, the ornament was ONLY in bubble? The past few years when I've ordered an ornament online, it came in a box. I'm relieved that yours was at least bubblewrapped, but you've officially decided me against ordering online this year. I'll risk the 'ro-'ro to go to the store once ornaments are in stock.

krand1276 likes this.
  11. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Over the last few years, I've received ornaments both in boxes and not. I think it depended on what it was. This one was a clearance one with a tag on it that says Disney Parks, which most of the ornaments I've ordered don't say that. I imagine something like: it was on the racks at someplace like World Of Disney and they switched them out because they weren't selling and the boxes were long gone.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

12. echan50

echan50 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    96   0   0

20Sep2020 Update: I finally had enough time to be on hold and call shopdisney to see what happened. As I saw the update regarding my tracking and UPS making a note that they went ahead and opened the box and confirmed no pins were in the box and contacted shopdisney themselves of their finding. So when I was on the phone with shopdisney they were able to confirm that happened with UPS and they just refunded my credit card of the charges (tax and shipping included). I'm glad they went that route versus sending me giftcard as the values wouldn't equal.

At this point like others have said I won't be celebrating I am able to get my order in and received a confirmation email but only when I get the correct items in hand.

momin.ator and starry_solo like this.