• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Sneaky Rocke01 - hiding a ZAP pin in an expected package!

ZAPPED! Sneaky Rocke01 - hiding a ZAP pin in an expected package!

norlando319

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I love the ubiquitous "they" (if you don't know, google it! DPF is EDUCATIONAL, y'all! :lol:) - "they" say it always comes in threes!

Yes, I had a THIRD ZAP - this one, very cunningly disguised in a box of pins... Darlene ran a game I bought a "few" spots in (yeah, I liked a LOT of the pins, so maybe the mortgage doesn't get paid, or maybe I sell a kidney on the grey market, but they are COOL pins!!). I was expecting a fair sized bunch of pins, because in addition to the ones I won - I bought a few more - just to get a really healthy start on the newest obsession - uhhh... COLLECTION. :lol:

I am very fortunate - my wife loves the pins, thinks they are really cute, and never asks how much I spent. She DOES aks why I keep having fewer organs and other body parts, but so far she believes I have a disease... She doesn't know it's called "excessus disneypinnus" commonly referred to by Kristine's term - PINSanity! :sad:

SO, I took my time opening the individually wrapped packages, so as to maximize the enjoyment from each pin (diligently avoiding the thought I have a TON of fixes to do on my wants list and owns list), and I stumbled across THIS little cleverly hidden IZD (Improvised Zap Device - it's like the IEDs or Improvised Explosive Device that get people hurt in far off countries, but very slightly more humane)...

20140203_212903_zpse2a67d39.jpg

*BOOM* - There goes my peace of mind!! A half hour of careful unwrapping by the Z-squad (like a bomb squad - very brave women and men who are especially trained to handle dangerous items like this, and protect the lives and limbs of innocent - okay, maybe not INNOCENT, but certainly NOT GUILTY - pin traders), and this little beauty was uncovered:

20140203_212952_zps3ff51436.jpg

Yes, I did actually begin collecting the 2007 holiday pins - and I didn't KNOW there was a "Goofy" one - though it makes sense, since I knew about Minnie and Donald... Fab Five in the HOUSE!

And I showed it to my wife - who thought it was cute - and she asked me, "Did you realize this is a passholder exclusive?" What? It's not on a card - what makes you say that?

20140203_213006_zpsb54c7e50.jpg

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!! (I refuse to squeal - it was a very manly roar!) An ARTIST'S PROOF! After the ambulance left (the paramedics agreed I just decided to take a little nap, because I am WAY too manly to "pass out") I took photos and HAD to post them!

Thank you very very much, Darlene! You are AWESOME!! :hug:

Like I have said many times... You deserve it and so much more! I was wondering if you had noticed that it was an AP... LOL! Congrats my friend!

You should have called in the EZD(Explosive Zap Disposal) to disarm it! They are much better equipped to handle such things of this magnitude than the the Z-squad! There has been a lot of bad blood between the sister squads since the "wet paint" debacle of '01!

Back