• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL So I know nothing about vinyls LOL but someone just gave me some (nothing valuable)

VINYL So I know nothing about vinyls LOL but someone just gave me some (nothing valuable)

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
As the title of the thread says, I know nothing about vinyls. Haven't wanted to collect them. Still don't LOL because I'm a completist collector and I just don't want to get started trying to get all the Wonderland vinyls. The only 2 vinyls I'd be interested in getting would be the Mad T Party Mad Hatter and the Yellow Dapper Dan. But I understand from the brief research I just did that that one is a variant so probably out of my trade range with what I have:

vinyls_zps5eda5b9d.jpg

So - looking for suggestions - will people trade pins for vinyls or is it worth trying to sell them or just bring them to the parks and if I run into something I like better in one of the trade boxes, just use them for trade?

Again, from the brief research I did, it looks like the top row of 3 are the only somewhat better ones and the rest would be the equivalent of "traders" for the most part?

As you can see in the picture only a few have their cards with them - does that make a difference on these "trader-level" ones or only on more valuable ones?

I've got to admit, I really liked them once I got them in hand and I could see myself getting hooked on them which I don't want to do, so I want them out of my hands sooner rather than later to avoid temptation. LOL

So, suggestions? Advice? If I was going to start trading them out at the parks with CMs, which would be the least valuable/first ones I should trade out? :)

Thanks!

I'll keep you in mind, Judy :) but I'd really like to know more about what I've got if anyone can tell me?

Also, are there fake/scrapper vinyls like there are fake/scrapper pins?

I would not be concerned about scrapper vinyls if they do not look beat up. The vinylmations with tins you have (Epcot flowers and d23) are both sold out so may be good traders. The vinyl with the 3 good fairies is from the first Cutesters 1 series and is pretty popular, especially since it has its card with it.

I wish I could be of more help in determining value, but honestly vinylmation value fluctuates so much these days; mostly due to the sad way disney seems to have gone about un handling the vinylmation brand. The two I would personally suggest trading first is the toy story big baby one and have a laugh's Pluto sweater (the figure with the purple head and yellow body). Those from last I checked are not desirable vinyls in the way of trading.

Hope this helps and all the best in your trading be it vinyls or pins! =)

I would not be concerned about scrapper vinyls if they do not look beat up. The vinylmations with tins you have (Epcot flowers and d23) are both sold out so may be good traders. The vinyl with the 3 good fairies is from the first Cutesters 1 series and is pretty popular, especially since it has its card with it.

I wish I could be of more help in determining value, but honestly vinylmation value fluctuates so much these days; mostly due to the sad way disney seems to have gone about un handling the vinylmation brand. The two I would personally suggest trading first is the toy story big baby one and have a laugh's Pluto sweater (the figure with the purple head and yellow body). Those from last I checked are not desirable vinyls in the way of trading.

Hope this helps and all the best in your trading be it vinyls or pins! =)
Thanks for the advice! :) Next time I go to the parks, I'll take those two with me so if anything catches my eye, I'll trade them out. :)

But argh, don't want to get caught up in the vinylmation thing! LOL Maybe I'll bring several of the more common ones with me and see if someone will trade me some pins for them. :)

I'll probably hold onto the top 3 to see if I can at least get one of the ones I do want for any of them. :)

Value wise I'd rank the top 3 about $50+ trade wise which should get you atleast the mad hatter and prob the yellow variant (not 100% sure how that trades since I didnt like it)

Of the rest the only ones I see trading well are the green army man, Chip and dale, and possibly wheezy

the rest are basic so dropping those in trade boxes or trading for basic pins would be your best bet..

-em

Hi,

The most valuable one you have is the D23 and recently has sold for around $30 to $35 and is a great trader. The Flower and Garden is a good trader also but only sells for around $10 to $15. The Cutesters fairies is also a good trader and sell for around $15 to $20. The other one which you have which is a good trader is the Have a Laugh Mickey Garden (pumpkin) and sells for around $10 to $15. All the rest are very common. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! I'll hold onto the couple of better ones suggested for now (in case I run into anyone with the two I'm looking for) and carry the rest for trade (either pins or CM/park trading).

That helped! :)

Last edited:
I'm a big vinyl and pin collector. Your completely correct in assuming the top three are your best. The yellow Dan variant is 100+dollars so that would take a lot more to get. But you have some cool stuff there. People trade pins for vinyls on my Facebook group all the time.

Thanks. Okay, no Dan for me. :p If I can't find someone willing to trade me the Mad T Party Mad Hatter, then I'll probably just trade them all for pins. :)

Back