• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

So it seems PinPics has ousted inactive accounts. wanting/trading ratios revisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it seems PinPics has ousted inactive accounts. wanting/trading ratios revisions!

Bricklayer

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Wow. Most of the "wants" numbers for the pins (especially the much rarer ones) have been significantly reduced due to inactive accounts being purged (at least, until the inactive account owners log in again, then their accounts will be refreshed)

Example of old wanting/trading ratios:
Pin 23953: Disney Auctions - Princess Carousel Horse (Belle)
Trading: 3
Wanting: 364

NOW...
Trading: 3
Wanting: 124

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Makes sense with the number of inactive accounts etc etc. I always thought the trades/wants ratio was inaccurate due to the lack of responses to trade requests. Also the number of members who with-hold their details seemed to be on the increase!

I am all for it. Last night I sent out requests to trade 3 different pins, and it went out over 20 people, but only 2 people have responded so far. Had I paid more attention to the ratios of what I was trading, I could compare with the new ratios out there.

I haven't ever really paid attention to the ratios since people don't respond anyway. The only thing that I have ever really paid attention to is that someone actually is willing to trade this particular pin. LOL. It would be great to get rid of the inactive accounts so we aren't sending out trade requests to inactive members. I have only ever had 1 person respond to a trade request so this will definately be helpful to me.

Seems like a reasonable idea to me. Wish more websites and forums did that kind of thing.

I agree. For every 10 request you send out, maybe you get 2 responses.
And if you are part of the pin trading community, how can you list no email address. How can people possibly trade with you.
I am happy they did it.

Example. There are many pins with 20 trading and 300 wanting when acutually there are only 50 still active wanting. It throws off the value and the people trading think its worth much more.

looks like it'll be easier to find traders now that only "active" people will show up in the system.

I'm one of those naughty people that doesn't respond to their emails every day. I should really shut off my TA and redo my trades/wants.

I LOVE that they purge - we begged for it for years and they started it last year; though last year they warned us ahead of time.

Whenever I send out a TA I always request that traders NOT reply unless they're seeking a trade...it's SOOOOO disappointing to see a response and get that high [Yes, I'm a Pin Trading junky...], to only have it dashed with "no thanks." Breaks my heart every time. I totally get it that others feel differently though! I just never know if I'm being polite or impolite...seems we're a mixed lot. ;)

I agree with that. I would rather have only the people that want to trade the pin respond. I always respond to anyone that accepts my requests whether I trade with them or not but I often do not respond when I am going to decline a trade that is sent to me.

Im kind of happy with this to a point as I was trying to get a pin from an ebay seller by making an offer and he saw the new wants/trades for the pin and said its even rarer now (I dont believe so)

So its a good thing but in some ways its not so as with the trading numbers being reduced as well as wanting its making some of my pins even harder to get as a few of my pins have gone from 10 trading to only 1!!

well thats one way to make my last 61 pins I need a challenge to get doesnt it XD

Give it a couple of days for people to log in - ha ha ha, not everyone are junkies like us (we log in daily). The numbers will quickly reflect the truth and that is good for all of us! The weekend will be especially helpful as people log on to Pinpics. Btw, props to Pinpics for their ongoing efforts and 'keepin it real.'

The purge did not effect my wants really. Of the 6 pins on my wants list, it still only shows 3 total people having any of the pins. 2 show under 1, 1 on another and 4 have zero trading. None of them list an email account which leads me to believe they are not very active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back