• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

So, Who besides us have found Cool disney pins at thrift shops and Yard sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Who besides us have found Cool disney pins at thrift shops and Yard sales?

walrus

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
We scour thrift shops for coins, Lego, starwars and of course Disney stuff
having found some very cool deals on mostly common lanyard stuff, usually around a buck a pin for real pins.
one yard sale even had a bunch of LE pins on cards for 2 bucks each.

anyone else had that kind of luck?

Besides the scrapper sellers at the flea market anyone find pins somewhere else unexpected?

Always thinking and Always searching for goodies out and about.

:wavey:

Never been so lucky, but I am sure if there was a larger community of pin traders in the area, that might happen

Never see em :/

With it being such a strong collectible series, I'm surprised how little I see it. I guess they're all on Ebay lol

I don't go to alot of yard sales or thrift shops but when I have I've never seen any. But I have seen some pins in Antique co op stores and most of the pins were like retail price and more.

I have found some AWESOME pins at antique stores. But they REALLY good deals don't come around that often.

I found this lanyard and pin set for around $40! I have seen it sell for WAY more before.

pin30567

I expect a few that turn up at Antique malls are people who found em at thrift stores and such. I know a few of the people we run into frequently in the thrift stores/ garage sales have booths for resale. or the dreaded online auction site that must not be named.

Ack you said it,,,
<<<runs outside and spins counterclockwise three times chanting Owa Taigu Siam,, Owa Taigu Siam ,,, Owa Taigu Siam>>>>

comes back inside all outta breath and stuff....

i go to lots of car boot sales in the uk.ive had some great finds i got 15 dlrp pins on cards for £10, a pin bag for £3.00,plus lots of individual pins from 20p to a couple of pounds
i also own a collectables shop and advertise for pins,ive had some amazin pins from people who collected on holiday but no longer want them

we live three hours from wdw and have never seen any at garage/yard sales......never thought of going to thrift stores for pins

I do look, but I've never found anything except a common Pooh rack pin at Goodwill.

One of my pin pals out of Cali had a good story, though- she said a trader at DLR found this pin:

pin13256

Pin 13256: WDW Resort - Pleasure Island Jessica Rabbit Jeweled Pin

...at a thrift store for $4. Why can't *I* be that lucky....heh. Especially since I live in Orlando, and that pin made it wayyyyy over to California.

I have not found any at yard sales because I think people know they have value.
I have got a few haul at estate sales but thebest of all was when my Friend and I bought a storage unit, (when people default on payment, sometimes they have to auction off the entire unit of all its contents.

We bid $410.00 to beat a person who stopped @ $400.00 and you can't go in, you have to look from the door line.
We were happy with the 2 bicycles and gocart but once we went through the whole thing, there was a box with 4 pin bags and two large tupperward containers of pins. The books were all LE1000's and below with some old DA pins and lots of older park pins.

The only bad part is, you must remove all contents from the unit within 24 hours or you (ME) has yo pay a fine. The whole idea is they want the unit clear to rent again. It was a lucky find but we ended up having to rent a truck and pay $55.00 at the dump to throw a lot of the junk away and it took all of the first day just to clear out the unit but in the end, we were really happy.

there was a box with 4 pin bags and two large tupperward containers of pins. The books were all LE1000's and below with some old DA pins and lots of older park pins.

The only bad part is, you must remove all contents from the unit within 24 hours or you (ME) has yo pay a fine. The whole idea is they want the unit clear to rent again. It was a lucky find but we ended up having to rent a truck and pay $55.00 at the dump to throw a lot of the junk away and it took all of the first day just to clear out the unit but in the end, we were really happy.

even with the backache and extra expense, sounds worth it.

last year when we went to WDW we hit a bunch of pawn and thrift shops around 192 and areas. found a few cast member items including a couple of pins.

but nothing like the storage unit

Very generous

I do look, but I've never found anything except a common Pooh rack pin at Goodwill.

One of my pin pals out of Cali had a good story, though- she said a trader at DLR found this pin:

pin13256

Pin 13256: WDW Resort - Pleasure Island Jessica Rabbit Jeweled Pin

...at a thrift store for $4. Why can't *I* be that lucky....heh. Especially since I live in Orlando, and that pin made it wayyyyy over to California.

The trader found out it was on my want list and just gave it to me I was more than speachless and was later abel to get her a pin she had been looking for.

I was able to get most 100 Mickeys once at a goodwill for $30. I also check yard sells and thrift stores where ever I go and get pins $1 or less here and there. :)

I apparently am going to have to start snooping around the thrift stores just to see what I might stumble upon there :)

Yes, eBay is my thrift store! One year when on a quest for old lanyard pins (before there were scrappers of them out there...) I bought 10 pins from someone for an early lanyard pin and found that one of the other pins was a LE 50 pirate coin pin which I sold on ebay for $200 two years later....

I have not found any at yard sales because I think people know they have value.
I have got a few haul at estate sales but thebest of all was when my Friend and I bought a storage unit, (when people default on payment, sometimes they have to auction off the entire unit of all its contents.

We bid $410.00 to beat a person who stopped @ $400.00 and you can't go in, you have to look from the door line.
We were happy with the 2 bicycles and gocart but once we went through the whole thing, there was a box with 4 pin bags and two large tupperward containers of pins. The books were all LE1000's and below with some old DA pins and lots of older park pins.

WOW...what a hidden mickey treasure that was!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back