Southern California Pin Trading Events - 2023

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
540   0   0
Here's the thread for pin events in 2023. Sorry I haven't been keeping up.

March 21, 2023 - DSSH event at El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, CA
April 4, 2023 - DSSH event at El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, CA
April 23, 2023 - Kraken Trade event in Anaheim or Garden Grove, CA. Will post flyers when available.

Last edited:

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
540   0   0
March 21st (if you bought tickets) at El Capitan Theatre

335717599_748452236898065_967387461904712404_n.jpg

noone

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks so much for making a new thread :)

Just curious but how much did people end up having to pay for those el cap tickets?

noone

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OooK, that wins the award for least likely place for me to expect a pin event. That location used to be a used book store back in the day. Its hard to imagine a pin event there but I bet its a completely different layout now. Still wow. I may have to pop in on this one.

As a heads up for anyone not familiar with the area and going to the placentia event, all the driveways for this center are narrow and steep (if you are in a car) so don't let them catch you by surprise ;)

How many people usually come to these events?

tiffychann

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
OooK, that wins the award for least likely place for me to expect a pin event. That location used to be a used book store back in the day. Its hard to imagine a pin event there but I bet its a completely different layout now. Still wow. I may have to pop in on this one.

As a heads up for anyone not familiar with the area and going to the placentia event, all the driveways for this center are narrow and steep (if you are in a car) so don't let them catch you by surprise ;)

How many people usually come to these events?

I went to their event in Placentia last year in May. Less turnout overall. They had another event last February which I did not go to, but I heard it was pretty successful considering it was Super Bowl Sunday.

TheMickeyMouseRules

Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I thought I went to this venue in May of last year also, but bit confused since I don't recall steep entrances.

I actually did great trading at this one (if it is the one I am thinking of.). I also loved the no carpet aspect for pulling my roller bag of pins.

noone

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I thought I went to this venue in May of last year also, but bit confused since I don't recall steep entrances.

I actually did great trading at this one (if it is the one I am thinking of.). I also loved the no carpet aspect for pulling my roller bag of pins.

My little car doesn't have alot of ground clearance and struggles with the driveways at this center. There is one driveway thats fine for me but the other two are harder ;) If i was in a mini van or suv i wouldn't notice it at all. :)

I had no idea they had done events here before, pretty cool.