• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Star Wars Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Wars Merchandise

ahn_dray_uh

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May the 4th be with all of you :)

Now, that Star Wars is coming into play with disney I figured why not start if there already isn't a Star Wars Merchandise thread :)

:wavey:

Great idea starting this thread :). Marvel has their own merchandise thread so its only natural that Star Wars get one too. I personally don't collect Star Wars as much as other people, but I love things like pins, plushes, and figures enough that I will definitely buy some! What do you think of the Disney Store Star Wars merchandise that has been released so far and what do you hope to see in the future?

I'm actually curious to see what kind of LE's they plan on coming out with as well and to see the "disney's" touch on figures, plushes and other cool stuff.

I love the pins, but thats a little too much for me to get into. haha more power to those who do it! :)

Last edited:
I wonder if Disney will release a 17inch LE Star Wars doll! Would be cool. I hope disney do some cool merchandise of Queen Amidala/Padme and Princess Leia. Padme was always my favourite character and compared with other characters she doesn't get enough good merchandise.

So I heard that there was a limited edition Darth Vader figurine released through the Disney Store? If that is true can someone send a link to what it looks like?

I have been collecting Star Wars since the 70s and still have my toys from when I was a kid. I have tons of the recent line that debuted in the 90s.

Hasbro made several nice Amidala dolls around the time of the Phantom Menace. Sideshow collectibles have done lots of 12 inch figures as well as others.

Heck here is some pictures of the Jedi Master Plo Koon that I took after I got him.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

If you ask nicely I will post some collection pictures one of these days. lol.

Ah, Star Wars. I've been collecting ever since I was 5. I blame my Dad. Thank you Dad.
When I moved down to Southern Ca., I had to leave the majority of my Star Wars stuff back at home stored in boxes. 8 boxes to be exact... I miss them. But here is a look at what stuff I have with me in our apartment.

What came home with me on Sunday:
IMG_0980_zps753c3601.jpg

IMG_0987_zps8be486c0.jpg

IMG_0988_zps4fe4139e.jpg

IMG_0990_zpsfb08500e.jpg

IMG_0991_zps3bb69355.jpg

IMG_0989_zps679967b1.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Black Series 6" figures. I'm currently on the lookout for a Stormtrooper if anyone finds one. I also can't wait for the Black Series Speederbike & Scout Trooper figure. I just need to find room for them.

Here's a look at San Diego Comic Con's exclusive:
Star-Wars-Toys-jabba-the-hutt_1280x720.jpg

He may not be among the cast members of Episode VII, but Jabba the Hutt will be at Comic-Con 2014 nonetheless as one of Hasbro’s Black Series collectibles.
Seen here for the first time, the 6-inch toy captures Tatooine’s giant slug-like gangster in all his frog-slurping glory, complete with hookah (I hope you have a prescription for what’s in there, Jabba), and cackling, diminutive sidekick Salacious Crumb.*
The figures are packed in a display that recreates the villains throne room lair from Return of the Jedi, including space for last year’s Comic-Con exclusive toy, a Carbonite-frozen Han Solo.
Each year, Hasbro crafts a selection of toys that are exclusive to San Diego’s Comic-Con gathering. Some are later sold on HasbroToyShop.com, but it’s always a limited run. Good luck finding that Solo from last year.
The box also comes with a little Huttese: “Peecha wangee cogh pah. Tong nam nee took chan kee troi. Soo thawt du mah kee chalia.” That translates as: “I will not give up my favorite decoration. I like Captain Solo where he is.”
*Actual cackling not included.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/02/s...-hasbros-jabba-the-hutt-comic-con-exclusive/#

Here is more information on the 12" talking figures coming out at the Disney Store. They will be released one at a time, with the Stormtrooper having been released yesterday. I believe Vader will be released last. Don't forget to pick up your free pack of trading cards that will be released along with the new figures!

Disney VIP Star Wars Event Recap: 12" Talking Figures
Posted by Chris on April 26, 2014 at 06:57 AM CST
Over the years, 12" action figures have notoriously been unarticulated, dull and less than desirable with their likenesses. I'm not talking about the high-end versions from companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys, no. I'm talking about the $20 Wal*Mart and Target versions. Well, after next month, I can see many changing their opinion when a new line of 12" talking figures is released and sold exclusively through the Disney Store and DisneyStore.com. They'll feature 15+ phrases from the films and also make weapon sounds and light up. They have full articulation allowing you to position them in classic movie poses. The buttons for sound and light activation are cleverly positioned on the upper chest and arm areas. Oh, and they look fantastic! Priced at $29.95 each, the figures really pop out at you when in their open faced packaging.
The first figure being released is the Talking Stormtrooper on May 4th. The remaining figures will be released separately in the weeks to follow.
6172047621413.jpg

The Talking Darth Vader features an incredibly detailed cape that's cast in a menacing, flowing look. You can position his arm in the classic upturned hand pose. This figure is 14" tall to be in true scale with the other characters.
6172047621411.jpg

The Talking Han Solo figure is a real gem. The small button to activate his blaster is located on the outside of his upper right arm and not real obvious. The voice activation button is hidden under his jacket which is a nice touch to not mess up the overall smooth look to this smuggler.
6172047621412.jpg

The Talking Luke Skywalker features a removable helmet, a sound activation button on the upper portion of his right arm, and a voice activation button in the middle of his chest which blends into his uniform nicely.
6172047621414-2.jpg

Chewbacca stands 15" tall to be in scale with everyone else. Disney did a magnificent job capturing the essence of Chewie without using real fur. This is no small feat! He's not 100% done and ready to hit the shelves just yet, but he's coming.
Disney-VIP-Event-12-inch-Talking-Action-Figures-007.jpg

The Talking Boba Fett figure was a special treat for everyone present. Obviously you cannot having a line of action figures and not include Boba Fett, so Disney is hard at work getting him ready. In the meantime, we were able to get a sneak peek at this lovely prototype model that will eventually be a fine addition to this new 12" scale line. No electronics were installed, nor was any paint applied yet as you can see in the photos.
Disney-VIP-Event-12-inch-Talking-Action-Figures-004.jpg

Here's a photo to compare the differing heights of each figure.
Disney-VIP-Event-12-inch-Talking-Action-Figures-024.jpg

Disney plans to continue the line well into the future as I heard talk of Princess Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO and others.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disney_VIP_Star_Wars_Event_Recap_12_Talking_Figures_157557.asp

Disney Store Limited Edition Darth Vader Figurine

DisneyVaderLEstatue.jpg

DisneyVaderLEstatue2.jpg

Disney Stores have passed on to us details regarding their upcoming Limited Edition Darth Vader Figurine. Limited to just 500 pieces worldwide (150 of which are allotted to Europe), the Vader statue will be available in limited quantities at two physical Disney Stores in the US: Times Square in New York City and Michigan Ave. in Chicago. Retail price will be $179.95. It will also be available through DisneyStore.com mid-May. It measures 9.5″ H x 7.875″ W x 7.875″ D. Click on through to check out high-res images.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/05/02/disney-store-limited-edition-darth-vader-figurine/

More information:

This month, the Disney Store is releasing a brand new Darth Vader figurine.

- Available on DisneyStore.com and in 2 store locations: Times Square (New York), Michigan Ave. (Chicago)
- Retails for $179.95
- Global edition of 500 units

We are waiting for confirmation on the exact US size, but the measurements posted by Disney Store UK are saying 24cm tall by 20cm wide by 20cm deep which would put it about 9.5" by 7.9" by 7.9".

The word from Disney is that these should be available here in the US around mid-May while the UK Disney Store site is saying they will have 150 of them available starting Tuesday, May 6th with a one per person and two per household limit.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disney_Store_Exclusive_Darth_Vader_Figurine_157831.asp

DisneyVaderLEstatue.jpg

DisneyVaderLEstatue2.jpg

Disney Stores have passed on to us details regarding their upcoming Limited Edition Darth Vader Figurine. Limited to just 500 pieces worldwide (150 of which are allotted to Europe), the Vader statue will be available in limited quantities at two physical Disney Stores in the US: Times Square in New York City and Michigan Ave. in Chicago. Retail price will be $179.95. It will also be available through DisneyStore.com mid-May. It measures 9.5″ H x 7.875″ W x 7.875″ D. Click on through to check out high-res images.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/05/02/disney-store-limited-edition-darth-vader-figurine/

More information:

- Available on DisneyStore.com and in 2 store locations: Times Square (New York), Michigan Ave. (Chicago)
- Retails for $179.95

We are waiting for confirmation on the exact US size, but the measurements posted by Disney Store UK are saying 24cm tall by 20cm wide by 20cm deep which would put it about 9.5" by 7.9" by 7.9".

The word from Disney is that these should be available here in the US around mid-May while the UK Disney Store site is saying they will have 150 of them available starting Tuesday, May 6th with a one per person and two per household limit.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Disney_Store_Exclusive_Darth_Vader_Figurine_157831.asp

I need that statue! May ask my parents for an early Birthday present lol.

Really like how Disney is taking full advantage of the Star Wars craze by releasing all this awesome stuff. Really like the 12 inch figures and SO tempted to get the statue besides its stupidly huge price.

The Vador talking on is available in Japan at the moment.....assuming whatever he says would be in Japanese though....

YoSouAhPuch, I will keep my eyes open for another 6inch Black Series Stormie. I have already found two for friends of mine and I can probably get another. Be sure to post when you get one.

DisneyVaderLEstatue.jpg

DisneyVaderLEstatue2.jpg

More information:

- Retails for $179.95

thanks for the info :) i can calm down a bit now haha! :)

Folks,

Could anyone please tell me if the Disney Store has released any other 13 1/2" Talking Star Wars Figures besides Stormtrooper and Hans Solo. Want to buy the entire set for my hubby who is a big STAR WARS FAN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back