• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Stitch sketch pad pin - unsure if authentic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stitch sketch pad pin - unsure if authentic

SammyJC

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I a very new to pin trading and am very unsure if this pin is genuine. The pin trading mark on the back looks too large. Also the only description I can find on pinpics is no. 66173 which states it was released end of 2008 and has a first release marking my pin only has 2008 on. Does anyone know if this is a fake or even better have the picture of the original to compare.

Thank you

Attachments

• DSCF0311.jpg
    DSCF0311.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF0313.jpg
    DSCF0313.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
it is hard to tell from a pic. But you should always try to look for many things wrong. Most fake pins will have a few things wrong. If you only see one thing bad with a pin it is more likely a real pin that made it past QA dept. As far as the F.R. stamp on the back. That stamp would only b on the first pins that were made in the first order. So lets say disney buys in a 3k pack. the first 3k made will have FR on the back. If they do well and they end up making another 3k the next run or batch will not have the FR as the are not the first. I think this was thought to b a way of making Rack pins more rare or sumthing like that.

Not saying it hasn't happened but, normally, Pin on Pin Designs are left alone by the Scrappers. It's just to much work for them to copy which equals no profit for them. So, these pin on pin designs, NORMALLY, get left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back