• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Studio Ghibli pins!! :)

Studio Ghibli pins!! :)

PrincessxJasmine89

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hey DPF! <3

Just wondering if anyone has any Studio Ghibli pins for sale or trade? Any character from any film- I am interested!! :) Although I do have a special liking for Baron, Kiki and Jiji, Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, and Spirited Away... let me know guys, PM me if you have any spares and let's trade/deal! <3 <3

tumblr_lxk3oolykZ1qehmh1o1_500.gif

-PrincessxJasmine89 :)

I don't have any, but to be honest, it never occurred to me that such things might exist!

What I found when I went to Japan is that pins aren't really a big thing over there. Despite looking high and low, the only pins I found were one souvenir shop that had a perfunctory few and some odd vending machines. I don't even recall any Studio Ghibli ones, but a quick Google search says yeah, there are some out there.

Happy hunting!

Just to verify none of the studio ghibli pins are actual Disney pins. I have a few, but I collect them. They look almost like propins. This is just basic information to help people in general if they're looking for some as well.

Just to verify none of the studio ghibli pins are actual Disney pins. I have a few, but I collect them. They look almost like propins. This is just basic information to help people in general if they're looking for some as well.

There is one that is an official Disney pin:

Disney is the US distributor for Studio Ghibli, but it looks like that's the only movie that's been shown at the El Capitan so far, I guess.

Touché. I forgot that arriety got a marquee. But normally when people want ghibli films they want character pins.... I know Japan has quite a few. You'd be happy to know there is a baron pin. Also a few Kiki pins and a really cute pin of jiji. There are a couple of ponyo pins. I know of 3 for sure. And spirited away there is for sure a no face pin! I have yet to find one for howls moving castle unfortunately....that's my favorite film.

Hey guys! :)

Wow, thanks for all the responses everyone! :) I do know they aren't official Disney pins (I collect pins in general, so I'm not too fussy- Nintendo, various video games, souvenir pins, etc.) so no need to worry about that :) Sure, the Arrietty marquee is one, but my chances of getting that are slim as anything :lol:

I know of quite a few that are out there, but to be honest I'm basically looking for any I might come across, hence why I didn't post pictures of specific pins or anything ^_^ But if I did have a most wanted, it would be the Baron pin I know is out there... it's adorable! <3

Jenna, thanks for PMing me! Reply coming soon! <3

Back