• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Super surprise! Added birthday cheer!

ZAPPED! Super surprise! Added birthday cheer!

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Right in time for our birthday, a complete surprise package arrived . . . from @lionheart !

i.php

Really cute masks . . . . a Frozen mask! :) I am excited about having this and definitely using it when I do my engraving! Super fun and super cute and super happy! :)

The pins were amazing, and we've not seen those 2021 Shorts pins . .. now I know I'm on the look-out for Mickey! Thanks ever so much for the amazing surprise!

"Wonder Twins" - I love that!

Congrats @stratasfan:tigger:

Question, (and I apologize if I should know this ;) ) what kind of engraving do you do?

@lionheart - WTG!

Hi, Connie! I never mind someone asking something! I have a hand-held engraver and engrave on stone and metal, mostly. Have done it on wood, too. Mostly stone. Mostly started when I began making repro Hobbit stones like Kili has in the movie. Then I started making more Middle Earth-inspired stones. Now, I've done more than Middle Earth, and I even did a hand-sized rock that had a cartoon of Thornton from the British Mini-Series "North & South" on it for a friend! That was an undertaking!

Do some to list for sale, and then some for presents. I enjoy it, so it is as I feel like it. Sis and I always have Middle Earth themed ones on our website, and we sell a couple a year. :) Not a hot seller, but fun when it happens! -grin-

Here is a labradorite stone Hobbit repro I did recently:

kililab19.jpg

Here are some assorted small ME themed ones:

kilitauriel3.jpg
fk3.jpg
mellon2.jpg
dwarffriend3.jpg

Here is a palm-sized one I did with a quote from the book "Fellowship of the Ring" and it says (in Elvish) "A star shines on the hour of our meeting"-

starshines3.jpg

Hi, Connie! I never mind someone asking something! I have a hand-held engraver and engrave on stone and metal, mostly. Have done it on wood, too. Mostly stone. Mostly started when I began making repro Hobbit stones like Kili has in the movie. Then I started making more Middle Earth-inspired stones. Now, I've done more than Middle Earth, and I even did a hand-sized rock that had a cartoon of Thornton from the British Mini-Series "North & South" on it for a friend! That was an undertaking!

Do some to list for sale, and then some for presents. I enjoy it, so it is as I feel like it. Sis and I always have Middle Earth themed ones on our website, and we sell a couple a year. :) Not a hot seller, but fun when it happens! -grin-

Here is a labradorite stone Hobbit repro I did recently:

kililab19.jpg

Here are some assorted small ME themed ones:

kilitauriel3.jpg
fk3.jpg
mellon2.jpg
dwarffriend3.jpg

Here is a palm-sized one I did with a quote from the book "Fellowship of the Ring" and it says (in Elvish) "A star shines on the hour of our meeting"-

starshines3.jpg
TySVM, for sharing your engraving story.

WOWZER...very nice. It takes a steady hand and lots of patience to do this.

Bravo' on the sales. Another testimony to how awesome the work is.

Hmm...I wonder, might some Disney inspired stone engraving be available?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

WOWZER...very nice. It takes a steady hand and lots of patience to do this.

Hmm...I wonder, might some Disney inspired stone engraving be available?

It does take a steady hand . . . and is killer on the back and neck! -grin- But so fun! The patience is a so-so thing. I wouldn't class this as something super-long, but I suppose most people would probably think it takes a long time. Average Kili stone is 45-60 minutes. The cartoon of a man took hours. 5 or 6 I'm thinking. Can't remember.

Hey . . . I'm always open to Disney engraving! I've painted Disney stuff on rocks before! With engraving . . . it all depends on the design. If I can draw it on the rock, I can pretty much engrave it. Simplify the lines is the key. :) Were you having thoughts of something in particular? :)

Back