• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Swap Box around the USA

Swap Box around the USA

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
Hello fellow DPF'ers,

Some of us have engaged in blind-trades of some sort, but this is a little different. This is a swap box exchange that will make its way through 12, count them 12, DPF'ers in the USA. The box will be filled with open edition, limited release, and limited edition pins and will be on pin boards. Extra space will be left for appropriate bubble wrap and/or the need to add a new pin board if necessary.

Here are the rules of the exchange:

1. Must be in the USA and have a USA mailing address;
2. Must be a DPF member prior to December 31, 2020;
3. Must have a feedback score of 9 or more. If the member has negative feedback, said negative feedback had to have been posted prior to December 31, 2020;
4. Must be active on DPF within the past two weeks. Active means logging in and posting;
5. Pin trades must be like for like. OE, Loungefly, Hidden Mickey/Disney, Mystery bag pins are considered the same (small). Limited Release [LR] (medium) for LR or two of the small pins;
6. Limited edition pins 750 (large) and under must be traded within $10 value;
7. Limited edition pins 751 and over (large) must be traded within 1000 of that number. For example, LE2000 can be traded to LE1000 or up to LE3000;
So, basically this means that OE, Loungefly, Hidden Mickey/Disney, Mystery bag pins are considered small, Limited Release pins are considered medium, and Limited Edition pins are considered large.
8. Pins are traded 1:1 (to clarify: one LE pin for one LE pin, one OE, Loungefly, Hidden Mickey/Disney, Mystery bag pin for one OE, Loungefly, Hidden Mickey/Disney, Mystery bag pin, one LR pin for one LR pin), except as noted above where LR pins which one LR pin can be traded for two small (OE, Loungefly, Hidden Mickey/Disney, Mystery bag) pins;
9. All pin boards must be labeled; If you see a pin label has fallen off, please replace it;
10. Pins must be in the same area that you are taking from;
11. Please share what your trade haul is so we can all enjoy seeing what you pick. This means you post pictures of the pins you traded for that were in the box. Don't post pictures of the contents of the box or what you traded into the box.
12. Trades are limited to no more than 30% from each of the 3 groups (small, medium, large);
13. You must be willing to send your address to the user who is sending it to you;
14. Box must be shipped priority (priority mail flat rate medium box is what the box is sent, but it may be cheaper to send "regular" priority, depending on how far the person you are sending it to is from you);
15. Box must be shipped out within 7 days after you have received it.

The person who receives the box from you should be as excited to open it as you were… so please trade with that in mind.

Please post your interest and we will see if you qualify.
We will cap the list at 12 people to participate.

EDITED ON 1/15/2022 at 3:00 p.m. Pacific (Disneyland) time:

How many pins are in the swap box?
It depends on who starts the swap box, but the ones I have been in have approximately 200-300 pins in the box. We have been using three Kraken pages (front and back) as well as hand-made pages (usually made of hard cardboard, maybe foam) and the distribution has been as follows: 2 sides of high LE pins (parks, DA, DS), 2 sides of low LE pins (DSSH, WDI, DA, DEC), 2 sides of OEs/LRs, and then 3-4 hand-made pages with OE pins. Really, what fits in a medium flat rate size box.

We may use Pinfolio or other pages as well.

Keep your pin backs: All pins in the box do not have pin backs (the rubber Mickeys or other types). This means you may end up with pins that don't have pin backs if the pin you trade into the box has one pin post but the pin you take out of the trade box has two pin posts. But, we will try to add some extra pin backs in the swap box.

Add the cards: If you have the original card for the pin you are trading into the box, please add it to the box. There are ziploc bags that are marked with cards. We also mark the back of the pin with a sticker to indicate whether there is a card in the ziploc bag (there are usually 2-3 of the ziploc bags in there).

Use bubble wrap: Each pin board is wrapped in bubble wrap. If you see that it has degraded by the time it gets to you, please use different bubble wrap.

EDITED ON 1/16/2022 at 9:15 am

The DPF members who start the swap box(es) will be able to participate in two swap box exchanges... the ones they start and one that they don't. So if we get two swap boxes started, there will be two DPF members who participate in both.

EDITED ON 1/16/2022 at 1:21 p.m.

If you are unsure of the value (rule #6), please message the two people who participated in the swap box exchange before you and provide them pictures of the pin(s) you want to trade for and the pin(s) you want to trade

Last edited:
@Mcgilligan has agreed to create the swap box and ship out the mystery box first.

Everyone else who is interested in participating and qualifies will be randomized (not first post, first in line).

I will open this for interest beginning on Friday, January 14th.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Is it open? I’m interested. Don’t quite know what I’m getting myself into - but definitely interested. :)

(Edit: only because my brain can’t quite process all the rules yet… working on it)

I edited the first post above, I forgot to say we are having a max number of participants at 12. If we end up with more than 12 qualified people, we *may* start a second swap box. I will close out the interest list on Sunday, then start checking to see who qualifies.

Back