Team Effort for DSSH Surprise Releases

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by TheMickeyMouseRules, Sep 23, 2020.

1. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

I'm checking it as frequently as I can remember to in case they drop the next set of PTDs.

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I think the initial run of the groupme text worked. Thanks to @disneykins for the initial text (I just went and pulled down the link.) It was all quite exciting to say the least.

This week may have a high probability of another DSSH release (of the non-PTD variety). I know some are thinking there may be a pattern and I agree... there may be, but I will be checking when I have a moment all week since the broader pattern is mid-month. I cannot see why DSSH would create a pattern. If anyone has insight into why there would be a pattern... please weigh in.

Also, I wanted to obtain DPF feedback on the texting via GroupMe today. Was the text chatting going on acceptable for everyone or should DPF members move the chatter into the forum once we all click the link to get into the queue? We definitely want to make the GroupMe texting work for everyone, so feedback is appreciated.

3. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

As someone with a phone that is not "smart", receiving more than 123 text messages was a lot.

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Thank you... This is what we need to know.

5. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I appreciated all the feedback and updates from everyone. I thought it worked very well. Enjoyed it too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DisneyJ likes this.
  6. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I think it was great! Appreciated the notification and I was fine with the subsequent communications. It was convenient for me personally.

7. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 BATB, PATF, Cinderella, and Disney Dog collector.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I found it to be very convenient! I use the app and not the text version which was ideal!

DisneyJ likes this.
  8. mybabykelly

mybabykelly DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    231   0   0

I was able to mute the chat after the initial notification, but the extra texts were a lot since I was at work. Thank you for doing this @TheMickeyMouseRules I didn’t need this particular release but I look forward to others. I’m off Friday so I will be watching like a hawk and will share in the groupme if I see anything posted.

DisneyJ likes this.
  9. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I liked it.

10. theoucharis

theoucharis Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

I liked it, too, although I was in the midst of meetings at work so couldn't do a whole lot. I didn't mind the level of messages, as it let me know things were still active.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

11. disneykins

disneykins DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    107   0   0

I thought it was great. I went to post the link but it appeared quickly, so I apologize on that. Also, I will need to set up pickups prior .

DisneyJ likes this.
  12. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

The PTDs are dropping for local pick up only. Most of the non-PTDs pins are being released with shipping (as the only option.) Depending on what you want, sometimes DSSH will ship the pins to you.

13. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

While I was fine with the number of texts yesterday (and I certainly joined in also.) On the other hand, I was very happy they did finally stop, since we did post as a rule in the first thread not to bombard the thread with texts. DPF members joined the GroupMe with the idea of receiving the link and probably not much else...

Would anyone think we could move communication (during the DSSH releases) on DPF using:
    1) this thread or
    2) the PTD thread or
    3) the 2020 pin discussion thread or
    4) start a new thread just to chatter?
    5) or use the GroupMe @starry_solo set up for DPF communication/chatter? General Chat GroupMe?

Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  14. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I would say after posting the link, move the discussion to Li's thread.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  15. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

As many have mentioned, I thought it worked well and I didn’t mind the hectic convos and real-time updates. While the release is happening, I think a text thread is much quicker than moving to a forum thread.

I haven’t checked all of the links you posted, Anne @TheMickeyMouseRules, but if we move to Li’s GroupMe chat (which I think you mentioned?), then even more people might get notifications who might not have originally been interested? But maybe it’s ok since they already expect any kind of chat? Haha

Edit: ok after thinking about it more, perhaps moving the chat to the general GroupMe is better. Then the link can stay “pinned” as a recent message in this text thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I had somehow unjoined the group, so I missed all the excitement.

17. Lizard1515

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

The amount of messages is honestly what prompted me to look, one probably wouldn’t have caught my attention. If the texts were too much I’d also suggest changing your notifications setting to in the app which is less disruptive than a text. But I understand majority rules in this case.

nateeter likes this.
  18. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

Oh yea I think I saw a notification that you were removed since you didn’t respond to any messages which I assume you didn’t cuz you didn’t want to spam the group.

19. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

DH is working from home, and he kept asking what was going on with my phone. Luckily, he didn't have any meetings, otherwise I would have had to go upstairs. Turning off the notifications would defeat the purpose of signing up. So yeah, if we could clean this up a bit, that would be helpful. Updates about what pins have sold out is one thing, but the thank yous and updates on people's place in the queue.

The DPF chatroom is also an option to talk more in real time.

20. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

You assume correctly. :)

Thanks for letting me know. Going forward I'll check now and then to make sure I'm still connected.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  21. Lizard1515

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I’ll probably just leave that group then, just because if the only thing posted is the link once, it doesn’t make it any different from the 2020 pin release thread which also had the link posted once.

22. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Sorry... the comments about the phone blowing up made me laugh. I'm just so used to my phone blowing up with messages from all kinds of group chats that it just feels so out of the ordinary when it's quiet.

23. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Let me clarify my vote (if it counts) with this caveat: I think we should change the DSSH rule to allow discussion after posting the link, but if we are keeping the only post link rule, that discussion should go over to Li's string after posting.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    watzshakinbacon likes this.
  24. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

It is clear most DPF members had no issues with the number of texts coming through yesterday (I had no issues either, very much enjoyed it... but trying to be considerate of those at work and in different places than the rest of us.)

@starry_solo would using the groupme chat you set up be an acceptable use for chatter around a DSSH release? If yes, I will go ahead and join it with the plan to use it during any future DSSH release.

I hope all our DPF friends stay on the GroupMe DSSH web link notification thread. The more members checking and engaging the faster DPF members will be notified. Teamwork! (and a bit of enabling;))

nateeter likes this.
  25. Minestar17

Minestar17 Pin Boi ;-;

0   0   0

ok tbh... it wasn't that bad! the notifications did get me kind of annoyed cuz they would block out notifications from my school about meetings or homework... but I fixed that by turning off notifications and checking the chat every few minutes!

stitchismyspiritanimal and Ajk like this.