• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

That one pin that shouldn't be hard to find but is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one pin that shouldn't be hard to find but is...

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I'll preface this by saying I'm in no position to complain lol when my wants list is less than 10 pins.

And I certainly understand that most of the pins I'm looking for simply aren't anywhere (one is really old, several are CM exclusives, etc.).

But there's that one stupid pin on my wants list that I SHOULD be able to get but can't!

In my case, it's this one:

• Pin# 109471 DLR - 60th Diamond Celebration - Mystery Puzzle Pack Series

I'm in SoCal. I'm at DL really often. I've been looking for it since it came out. It's an LE300, which is really not that low of an edition size. It's not a popular theme or series. But I simply haven't been able to get it in the two years I've been hunting for it!

I don't begrudge the impossible to find pins. But a pin I really should be able to get - and with not too much difficulty - and can't? ARGH!

I know I'm not alone in having a hard time finding what should be a fairly simple pin. What's your one pin that shouldn't be hard to find, but is?

I know how you feel! I've been after pin 39036 for a while. It's Deb (and Flo) in a bag. I've come across so many fakes/scrappers of it online, and I don't really have anything good to trade for it either. I'm also at Disneyland frequently, but I've yet to come across it and no pin traders that I've run into have it. I guess the best part of pin collecting is the hunt. lol

^ In a series that badly faked, no newer traders will have a legit one. Your best bet is to look for an older/longtime trader who is clearing out a collection of legit hidden mickeys acquired at the time of release. Not easy, but good luck!

I'm still searching for the last 3 Sinister Sideshows pins I'm missing .
90549 - Cheshire Cat
90548 - Ursula
90541 - Captain Hook
I traded for the rest of the set within a few weeks but the only ones I've seen of the ones I'm missing are either fake or damaged .

I know how you feel! I've been after pin 39036 for a while. It's Deb (and Flo) in a bag. I've come across so many fakes/scrappers of it online, and I don't really have anything good to trade for it either. I'm also at Disneyland frequently, but I've yet to come across it and no pin traders that I've run into have it. I guess the best part of pin collecting is the hunt. lol

Sending a PM, I have an extra REAL one. (yes, the bag color on top is white not scrapper yellow). I had managed to find a few from the set, and was feeling your same frustration; then poohlady5 zapped me the entire set of real ones. So I have a couple duplicates.....

Last edited:
90549 - Cheshire Cat
90548 - Ursula
90541 - Captain Hook
I traded for the rest of the set within a few weeks but the only ones I've seen of the ones I'm missing are either fake or damaged .
These are the types of pins that turn up at the Florida events - because they originated there and many of the people who have extras may just attend the events rather than trading online. I'd advise posting a thread asking folks to keep an eye out for them at the next event in August. :)

This silly pin. Only 37 ppl want it on pin pics. I have almost every other balloon from this set (and the chasers) but can't find this one anywhere!
14c373b865519cecac9bc3aff87fc146.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one:
RS_R3b3b114415.png

I have all the others including extras of the chasers. But not this one, go figure.

pin44571_zpstelmw7wy.jpeg

Pin 44571 DLR - Cast Lanyard Series 4 - Scrooge McDuck Comic Collection 4

That pin has been silly difficult for me to track down and I have no idea why. Not a soul has ever responded to a trade and it's always a buy-it-now for like $20, but I just don't want to drop that kind of money on a Hidden Mickey! Wugh. One day I'll just crack. XD

And this one too! Though, I understand it a bit more since it's LE 500. But it's the last one from the series that I need and I've been after it for quite a while. XD I always get sniped on the 'bay. :/

pin68518_zpspwixyhxd.jpeg

Pin 68518 WDW - The Museum of Pin-tiquities - Disney Pin Celebration 2009 - Jack and Sally Afternoon Walk

Last edited:
Pin 112986:
Shanghai Disney Resort - Cast Exclusive Set of Four - Mulan

RS_R9dd2d6cc84.png

I know it's a cast exclusive, but I have seen every other pin from this set on eBay. Just never this one.

These two have been super hard. The first one (100045) is a Willabee & Ward pin (I have 31 of the 32 W&W Pooh pins, but this one eludes me!). The second one (63899) is a HKDL pin for Autumn Series 3. There are 3 series of the HKDL Pooh seasons, but this is the last one of the 12 I need.

201510243602.jpg
pin63899

^ In a series that badly faked, no newer traders will have a legit one. Your best bet is to look for an older/longtime trader who is clearing out a collection of legit hidden mickeys acquired at the time of release. Not easy, but good luck!

Oh definitely! The fake ones look pretty bad too. It may be difficult, but I'll eventually find one (and eventually the rest of the set). Thanks for the luck though!

Sending a PM, I have an extra REAL one. (yes, the bag color on top is white not scrapper yellow). I had managed to find a few from the set, and was feeling your same frustration; then poohlady5 zapped me the entire set of real ones. So I have a couple duplicates.....

Ooooh thanks! Hope we can work something out!

90549 - Cheshire Cat
90548 - Ursula
90541 - Captain Hook

HeyDavid,
I have Ursula. I am pretty sure she's legit. I didn't question it until I saw your note about there being scrappers. I can send a pic, but she's good weight, no paint issues, mickeys all the way to eedge and has a number stamped on her back. Let me know what you have seen on the fakes and I check for it.

I love threads like this. I like keeping my eye out for everyone. My favorite part of pin trading is the treasure hunting.

Another one that I really should have found by now is :
116270 - Disney Mascots Jungle Cruise Headhunters
I found the rest of both mascots series but I've had no luck finding anyone willing to trade a single mystery pin internationally , I wouldn't normally myself though so I can't blame them

These are the "should be easy" pins I want, but haven't been able to find... usually because of fakes.

c3bf63e5820b8a6767fa211af0c8f4cb.jpg

55c2c8c6cf0d9795dc8704fc012718d3.jpg

04a361410a2ff76f310ec79fe8c8a2d8.jpg

The magic kingdom pin from this set:
eb6224e07ae3b47442de85456a737434.jpg

And the Alice Vinylmation chaser pins: Dodo, Tweedle Dee, and Cheshire Cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one.
pin49530th200

Pin #49530. I just have no idea why it's so hard to find!

Guess what pin just showed up on 'bay last night for the first time in almost a year! (I was outbid at the last second last time.) I probably overpaid for it but now I own it! I can't wait until it gets here and I can cross it off my siggy!

This thread must be sprinkled with Pixie Dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back