The 2020 Coping Thread - Coronavirus (COVID-19) or whatever else the Universe throws at you

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Mar 12, 2020.

1. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Scrapper Spotter!

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

In retrospect, it is kind of funny! I mean, how often do you see someone using a turkey baster to get water out of a dish washer? LOL
    I got it clean, which I guess, was the goal anyway.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    akarih and momin.ator like this.
  2. TonkaToy

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

Thanks, I'm sure it will be lots of fun - I just have to get there without being in contact with anyone after getting (I assume) a negative Covid test result! :)
    I am taking my own car, so it should be fine!

If the Covid test comes back positive, well, then I am not going anywhere! LOL

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  3. Daylily

Daylily Member

0   0   0

Crossing my fingers for a negative test, @TonkaToy!

I wound up getting tested last week because the health department was running a mobile testing site out of my school's parking lot. It came back negative (yay!) within 48 hours (double yay!), which makes me feel a little bit better about starting face-to-face teaching in classes of 25+ this week.

4. TonkaToy

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

That's great! I am hoping to get the test back between 2 - 5 days, then I can get on the road within my planned time frame. :)

TinyTink likes this.
  5. TinyTink

TinyTink Africa-The Real Animal Kingdom DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Good Luck with everything and safe travels!

TonkaToy likes this.
  6. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Seconded!

TonkaToy likes this.
  7. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    280   0   0

@TonkaToy , sorry about your terrible experience with a dishwasher and hope your trip goes well! Stay safe! <3

And to @slbrabham and others facing the threat of the storms, thinking of you and hoping the best. One hurricane is horrid enough to have to worry about two! I feel so much for everyone these days! <3

TonkaToy likes this.
  8. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

For those who are wondering if their "real pants" will fit when they finally have to put them on again .... No judgement here!

[​IMG]

9. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

My bestie and I have finally decided to splurge and booked a trip to WDW for November. We booked the Polynesian and all. We figured if we're going to be spending more time at the resort and this will be the only major trip of the year, we might as well stay somewhere nice. It also helps we got a great deal on a room. We tried going through one of those DVC rentals but, for whatever reason, Poly DVC still wasn't available. At least all the planning helped cure the daily doldrums for a few days. Now the slow countdown until November starts...

Pibbman, coblj003, slbrabham and 3 others like this.
  10. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You're going to have an amazing time, the property is gorgeous. I'm so happy for you and I agree, planning a trip most definitely helps get through the never-ending 'same day' 2020 has become by having something to look forward to. As though you don't need any more reasons to be excited about this fantastic resort choice: Trader Sam's and Dole Whips (need I say more)!

coblj003 and FoolishMortal71 like this.
  11. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Thoughts and prayers for everyone who may be impacted by Hurricane Laura. This will be an extremely dangerous Hurricane.

[​IMG]

slbrabham and akarih like this.
  12. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Be safe everyone in the path.

krand1276 likes this.
  13. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Sadly, Trader Sam's is closed but there's still Dole Whips and Tonga Toast!

14. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust to those in members that may be affected by H. Laura.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  15. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal PinPics ID: chrisdonturner

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

To everyone in the potential path of the hurricane, please stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

Unsurvivable storm?! Holy cow. Thinking of you guys! @slbrabham

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

slbrabham likes this.
  17. TonkaToy

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

That would be horrible - this is unsurvivable storm SURGE - so no going to the beach :) or staying in areas that will have rapid flooding.
    Still a CAT 4 is pretty bad. I really hope everyone can buckle up their houses and drive North! All my best wishes that you and your properties make it through okay!

coblj003 likes this.
  18. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Happy 2020 and I want to commiserate to those who have lost a job one way or another.

Due to the pandemic and then being on light duty(injury from my other job), I have not been able to work at B&N even when they reopened a month or so ago in our area. Today we got notification that with the reduction in payroll/hours due to the pandemic, all open/available shifts had been filled to capacity; any remaining employees still on furlough will will be losing that status next Friday, the end of the pay period.

I guess having it happen essentially a day before my birthday stings a bit though my (hopefully) last doctor appointment was also set to be next week on the 3rd. It doesn’t help be foreboding that my B&N membership auto-renewed yesterday; at the time I was telling myself it was pointless if I was still going to be working there.

Le sigh, one more chapter to close and another to open...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  19. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

An update on Hurricane Laura

[​IMG]

20. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

:(

21. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Thanks for thinking of me. :)

It has tracked further west so it’s a threat to southwest Louisiana and eastern Texas instead of southeast Louisiana. We are still in the range of tropical winds but not the Cat 4 winds and storm surge. My thoughts and prayers are with all the people in its path.

22. dancecats

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Yikes! To everyone in Laura's path, my thoughts, wishes, and prayers are with you. Please, Please, Please STAY SAFE (or as safe as you can) and watch out for each other - and animals (pets) that may have been left behind to fend for themselves in the storm. Please check in periodically when you can so we'll know that you're as okay as possible.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  23. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Im safe...I only believe in buying stretchy waist pants...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

akarih likes this.
  24. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Alas, I think several of my jeans are fighting a losing battle this year....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

25. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Praying for everyone's safety.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk