The 2020 Coping Thread - Coronavirus (COVID-19) or whatever else the Universe throws at you

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Mar 12, 2020.

1. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

In case you missed it....

Inside being constructed Guardians of the Galaxy attraction at EPCOT.

Glad to see someone is working on it..

Love that upper right loop.....

[​IMG]

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

So... I just have to share a bit.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I mentioned back in June about hoping to be assigned to a COVID vaccine project. Well... my COVID-19 work project did come through. I started on it in July/2020 and this week was the big pay-off. I have been working 5 days a week onsite (every other week - the off week I fulfill the regulatory admin requirements for my role on the project) as well as weekends (onsite - which I have never done in 20 years of doing this job). Have been working so very hard to support enrollment of the study participants and clean the data... and the payoff... The news broke this week for 94.5% efficacy! (Take that Pfizer!) :p (Although, I am just being humorously competitive... glad we have options, so Rah Rah Rah Pfizer too... We need all the help we can get!)

This week (with my DTD trips) my mantra has been "let's get Disneyland back open!"

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  3. moorhunhe

moorhunhe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Pfizer announced it's at 95% now :p (read that today)

That's so great you're one of the people working on it, must be very rewarding in the end knowing you contributed to something like that.

Connies_Hobby and coblj003 like this.
  4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Snort! Ha! Of course, Pfizer is now at 95%. Now that the studies are fully enrolled the data is coming in fast and I hope it continues to show positive results for all.

I am far from an expert and it is early days, but these vaccine types (mRNA platform) do appear to be working well. And both company data sets show COVID is responding to the antibodies with such a high response rate (at least in this short term period.) Its just really hopeful.

:chip::stitch:Disneyland here I come.:daisy::donald:

5. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

I was really impressed with how Pfizer is delivering the vaccine. Hopefully, their hypothesis about longer immune times are correct!

Can't wait to see this moved to peer-reviewed stage!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

6. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

CONGRATS on being able to contribute to this vital project!! :) :) :)

So Nice to know a Tiggerific person in both the Pin Community and the Human Community!!
    :tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

7. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    173   0   0

This is awesome. CONGRATULATIONS and TySVM for sharing this with us. Woot Woot!

You definitely desire the Disney Magic.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  8. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

9. splashmtnman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

[​IMG]
    THE FORCE HAS SPOKEN

10. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Active Member

0   0   0

This is the way.

11. splashmtnman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

12. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

I suspected I had Covid because I lost my sense of taste for a lot of flavors (except sweet).

Apparently CVS uses (or used, they're getting fired) a lab that does not process Covid test results, so it took 10 days for my case to be expedited to the point where I could learn this.

I'm over Covid... I could have gone back to work tomorrow if I had my results positive or negative, but because it was a "Test Not Processed" I have to wait for new results.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  13. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I am sorry you had to go through all of this.

chubs191 likes this.
  14. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

(A) I'm sorry.

(B) That sucks, in so many ways.

(C) I find this super fascinating because I've seen a few folks mention CVS, and the last time I picked up a prescription (a while ago now, but not, like, 3 months ago either), the pharmacy had a sign up that said YOU CANNOT GET A COVID-19 TEST HERE. With a bunch of smaller print about how CVS was not affiliated with a lab that could process the tests, so please go away and bother somebody else about it. How the heck did someone give you a test that they should have known couldn't be processed?!

15. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

Could be a NY thing. You can make test appointments here and I know of other people who have gotten results from them.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  16. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

So, out here in the sticks, we have a Covid testing site. You drive down to the county fairgrounds, stay in your car, and they have you pull into the sheep barn to take the test.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: Not a commentary on Apple or their products. I couldn't find a gif with sheep going into a barn.

17. LittleBird

LittleBird Kimagination

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

It's exactly the same here. Though I think we go into a cow barn because... you know... Wisconsin.

18. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    173   0   0

Loss of taste does seem to be a first symptom for many.

I'm so sorry to hear that CVS didn't get your test results process correctly. Ugh.

Please keep us updated on your condition.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

19. chubs191

Rating - 98%
    50   1   0

Thank you for your thoughts! I'm fine, really. I just didn't want to infect anyone since I work in retail. The rest of the symptoms I had were very mild and I'd say I'm probably recovered at this point. Other than the loss of taste.

Pecosace, krand1276 and Connies_Hobby like this.
  20. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I'm so sorry you went through such a horrible time with CVS, but I'm glad you're feeling better - and I hope you're on your way to a complete recovery (if you aren't there yet).

21. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jill

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Since the pandemic has started:

I have sent music to my Dad everyday. The music was put together in themes - a way to connect different song titles together or musical explorations. Sometimes by a word, or sometimes by a Movie, Disney Park, etc. Of course, there are more songs that can be selected. I try to keep it within five or less songs per day.

An example or two

Monday
    Manic Monday - The Bangles
    Blue Monday - New Order
    Monday, Monday - The Mamas and the Papas
    Come Monday - Jimmy Buffet
    Thank Gosh it’s Monday - Spongebob Square Pants Movie

Name
    You Know My Name - The Beatles
    Name - Goo Goo Dolls
    Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
    You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
    In the Name of Love - Thompson Twins

Over time it morphed into artist driven days and/or genre focused weeks. Each week (starting on Monday) a new concept was introduced. In a way it exposed my Dad to different music and added appreciation for some of his favorites.I also included my brother in this musical journey.

Now, I send them live Jazz each morning. It starts the day off nicely. Something different to help in this crazy time we live in. Going on 9 months doing this!

It is worth noting I see my parents each day (Monday - Friday). It is great for all of us!