The 2020 Coping Thread - Coronavirus (COVID-19) or whatever else the Universe throws at you

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by hopemax, Mar 12, 2020.

1. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I will pray for your family. Some of our family is there too.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    280   0   0

I’m so sorry with all you guys have been going through and the fact that you are still dealing with it and other stresses, but I’m so glad you were able to update- I was thinking of you guys (as no doubt many others here were too) and I’m glad I had some time to check back and see you guys are on the mend health wise. I hope you continue to feel better and also hoping all the best for the rest of your family in Texas... such stressful times! <3

3. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

I have decided I want to create badges like Girl Scout badges that say “I survived ....” with any disaster or pandemic to follow the ....

My newest badge would read “I survived the 2021 Louisiana Winter Power Outage.”

I never thought my house could get that cold. I have survived longer periods without power, but this power outage was the worse.

My prayers are with everyone who still might not have power and the ones suffering through rolling blackouts (especially Texas).

4. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm glad you have power; God answered our prayers Wednesday around 5 pm (after 3 days of prayer and let me tell you.. I have never been more grateful in my life to have a well insulated home and a warm clothes). Prayers go out to everyone who is still going through the struggle.. sending lots of love!

Pinfun, slbrabham and momin.ator like this.
  5. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

So, for whoever is curious about what happens after Covid shots: the department here got our round of second shots yesterday. There were a total of 25 of us. I haven't checked in with everyone yet, but at least 5-6 are out sick today with fever, chills, aches, headaches. Others (5-6) said they had some of those symptoms for just a few hours last night and are feeling better. Some of the rest are off or I haven't had contact with them yet. So, it does range.

Me, personally, I had my shot at 9 am, felt okay with only tenderness at the injection site until about 4:50 when I started getting some chills. Headed home and by 5:10, I was sore and my joints were aching. I climbed in bed and took ibuprofen. I was sore and uncomfortable and I ate a LOT of McDonald's for dinner (it's my comfort food when I'm sick) and I was surprised at how much I ate for not feeling hungry. I laid in bed the rest of the evening and went between warm/cool. I felt easily irritated, didn't want the cat to lay across my legs. I took more ibuprofen before bed. When I went to bed, I slept for the first few hours, then tossed and turned the rest of the night. I was able to get up this morning pretty normally. I was a little tired from lack of good sleep, but I feel fine otherwise. Hopefully, that's the extent of mine.

UPDATE: I found out 3 more officers are out sick because of it today and one is okay, so that takes us up to 8-9 out sick, and 6-7 okay.

Update 2: Two more are confirmed sick, so 10-11 sick. Geez!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 10:08 AM
    watzshakinbacon, Ajk and brattyjedi like this.
  6. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

Sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad you are feeling better.

Your experience aligns with what I've heard from the vast majority of people I know who've gotten the shot. It's interesting that it is usually the second shot rather than the first. But seems to take folks out for up to three days (so be glad you were on the low side!) Still, compared to potential ramifications of Covid...

krand1276 likes this.
  7. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Happy Happy! :D Dad got his first shot of the Pfizer vaccine last week. After some convincing, Mom is going in for her Moderna shot (first shot) tomorrow! This is NOT through their healthcare providers, but through the County's supply. We would have to wait until summer (if lucky) to get it through their healthcare provider.

So far, no side effects for Dad, just a slight sore arm that night, but everything else was fine. I guess we will see what happens with the second shot.

8. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

Thank you! Hearing what some of my co-workers are going through, I feel very fortunate to have the low level I had.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0

I completed my second shot on 29Jan. Post each injections my only side effects were soreness at the injection site and fatigue. No other side effects were identified. I did not take any time off from work. This is pretty typical for any vaccinations I have had throughout my life. My husband's experience was similar with additional stomach upset in the first 48 hours (he is susceptible to stomach upset in general, so perhaps triggered by vaccination or totally unrelated... hard to know.)

Just wanted to weigh in and say the severity varies and may be quite nominal (my experience) or moderate/severe (flu like symptoms with a duration of up to 7 days.) Side effects are expected to be similar to what one would experience with flu vaccinations.

Also, my shot came from Pfizer which is an mRNA vaccine - same as Moderna's (unfortunately I did not receive the one I am working on... but since I am working in a clinic seeing COVID+ subjects... I took whatever I could get.)

Want to give kudos to all who have received the vaccination or are willing but waiting to get vaccinated. We are putting up that wall to stop the spread of COVID-19 and get Disneyland open! :)

10. firechief18

firechief18 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Some have flu like symptoms after the second shot. Some folks were out two days others had a minor soreness. Hope you are feeling better soon.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  11. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

So, to add back in: I ended up with a side effect that is rare, but considered normal.

Last night, I noticed a quarter sized raised, red, rashy area about 4 inches below the injection site. A hour later, I had another one that was about a 3 inch by 5 inch area right next to it. Both were hot to the touch, but not burning or itching. My husband looked it up. In one study, 1% of people reported getting the rash 5 days after the first shot. There were also 0.2% of people that reported it after the second shot. This morning, those arm swelling areas were less swollen and not as hot, but I did have red blothes on my face.

Again, not a big deal and overall, I feel fine, but I was surprised as I hadn't heard of it being a side effect until we went searching for it. FYI for anyone else this may happen to.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

TheMickeyMouseRules and Ajk like this.
  12. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0

Good to know. Hadn't heard about that one. Glad it's no big deal (other than I am sure it freaked you out at first.)

krand1276 likes this.
  13. firechief18

firechief18 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

krand1276 likes this.
  14. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Wife and I got our second shots yesterday.. both feeling fine
    Arms are sore, but no worse than a normal flu shot
    Thought to add this in case anyone was on the fence about getting one... Recommended

coblj003, krand1276, Ajk and 2 others like this.
  15. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    125   0   0

I had similar experience. No reaction after first shot (Pfizer). Slight headache and sore arm at injection site after second. Reaction to second shot only last the first day. Fine after that.