Zapped! The artist has become the art-ee (?)

Discussion in 'Pin Zaps & Swaps' started by Purplemandms, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Amongst all the madness of grad school (e.g. taking three classes, teaching three classes, preparing one paper for publication while starting the proposal for another, and volunteering on weekends), I’ve had little time to appreciate art - never mind create it! So a week or so back when @stratasfan mentioned that they had a something to send my way, knowing her artsy skills, I had the suspicion that I was going to be getting a much needed dose of creative energy. But nothing could have prepared me for this little one!

[​IMG]

Look at how fantastic she is! And it’s done in graphite, which in my opinion is a super difficult medium to create full illustrations out of. Piper, from the Pixar short Piper, is my favorite Disney bird (in part due to that I worked as a shorebird wildlife technician this past summer, in part due to how stinkin’ cute she is.) I’m completely flabbergasted and very much in awe at how fantastic she looks, and can’t wait to find time to get a frame for her!

2. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

3. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Wow ~ Love it!

4. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    319   0   0

Very nice!

5. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

So good!! Piper is so cute. I’m ded.

Congrats on the zap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ajk

Ajk Part of the family.

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

That is pretty awesome. Congrats!

7. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    378   0   1

Wow! Beautiful and cute! Congrats :D

8. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    278   0   0

Wow, that’s so impressive! Congrats on a beautiful piece of art!! :D

9. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Just saw this thread! So glad it arrived and you enjoyed it! You and I had been emailing about the DPF badges, and I knew I wanted to do a character for you, and planned on InkTensing one . . . but then you said Piper was your favorite . . . and when I looked up images of Piper - she's all white and grey! So, my favorite drawing medium came out (I almost only do graphite, but typically portraits or plants)! She is a really cute subject!

So glad that you enjoyed it!
    Elizabeth

10. teddy_ruxpin

teddy_ruxpin Well-Known Member

Rating - 99.6%
    276   1   0

Those look AMAZING!

11. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0

Beautiful, amazing... congratulations!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

12. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I had no idea @stratasfan is such a talented artist; those are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on such an absolutely beautiful zap!

stratasfan likes this.
  13. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks so much dancecats! Pencil drawing is probably the hobby that I go back to more than anything else. Took eight weeks of lessons when we were young, and disliked the amount of rules so much I didn't draw for years. Then, I took it back up when I wanted to try drawing a portrait, and it has been a wonderful hobby ever since! I don't think I've ever done a bird before this, though! I like to do swords! Done a few of them, all Hobbit/LOTR swords:

[​IMG]

firechief18 and Purplemandms like this.
  14. Kerri780

Kerri780 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

All of these are incredible, meaning I have the drawing capabilities of a 5yr old!

Very much in awe!

akarih likes this.