The Great Mouse Detective

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by basilfan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

There seems to be an increase in Great Mouse Detective pins released in the last 2-3 years. Don't know why, except that somebody at Disney merchandising is a man after my own heart.

Abyssinian28 likes this.
  2. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It's a terrific movie! I have 4 GMD pins in my collection.

3. Papaya

Papaya Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I love the character design and the expression animations in this movie, it's a really great work in terms of that! I like the movie as a whole too, though I think the little girl character drags the plot quite a bit (I didn't find her as interesting as the others).

I'm also happy to see this - and any less popular Disney movie - get more pins. I'm only sad/confused that half the pins for this movie have the wrong color scheme for Basil (green coat and dark brown fur, while in the movie it's actually brown coat and light beige fur). I even think this non-canon color combo got on the video/dvd cover of this movie once. Just... why?? :confused: I hate such weird miscolorings.

tiggeriffic likes this.
  4. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

You're right about the DVD covers--so many iterations use that green overcoat. Whatever.

Papaya and tiggeriffic like this.
  5. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

I am also an absolute fanatic about seeing lesser-loved films and characters get their due.

Papaya and tiggeriffic like this.