The Grey Stuff

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by krand1276, Jun 11, 2019.

1. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

So, our dining room cook was trying to talk me into the special today at lunch. Chicken and mushroom stew over rice. He said "It's really good. It has mushrooms in it, so it's really grey, and people are not very sure about it. But it's so good!" He knows I'll try stuff and recommend to others here. He has rarely steered me wrong, but it did look blechy and ... grey.

I kind of gave him a look and he offered me a taste before I ordered it. He assured me again "It's delicious!"

I grinned back and said "Try the grey stuff, it's delicious?"

It was! Happy lunch![​IMG]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. akarih

akarih Resident Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ha, that's great!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.
  3. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I thought you were talking about the 'grey stuff' at BOG :D ... but that's still terrific. I'm glad you had a terrific lunch, and I agree, it's always good to try new things!

akarih and krand1276 like this.
  4. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

It might be delicious, but it sure ain’t pretty. :D

5. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

It’s been almost 5 years since I had the Master’s cupcake with the grey stuff. That was also delicious, though in a totally different way. Looking forward to having it again this December! :)

I had a teacher in high school that said she always told her own children “Take three good bites. If you take three good bites and don’t like it, you never have to eat it again.” I’ve carried that philosophy through my life for most everything (within reason). Try it three times, then don’t do/have it again if I don’t like it. Within reason meaning, no drugs, skydiving/thrill type things (I’m terrified of heights and I have a minor heart condition), etc. I did try things like yoga, certain foods, tv programs, and such. ;)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Disneychildwithin likes this.
  6. krand1276

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

Yes, so not pretty! I did have 4 employees come into the dining room and ask how it was. They each ordered it and were also surprised at how good it was.

7. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Wow, I've been taking it way too easy on my kids...I struggle with having them try it at least once!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

krand1276 likes this.
  8. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

It's what's in the inside that counts right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ajk and krand1276 like this.
  9. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    296   0   0

I love mushrooms, so I'm used to that color. It looks really good to me! Makes me want to make mushroom rice for dinner tonight!

krand1276 likes this.