• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Next WDW PTN is a Paid Event Feb. 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.
$10 is not a bad price to pay... I'm personally booking my ticket now and I hope it's fun! Wish they would give us more of a heads up though.

I signed up, too....mostly to see if there's any releases or perks.

I can understand why they would charge $10 (staffing, space, set-up, crowd control, etc.). But it's hard to convince people to pay for something they used to get for free.

My preference would be for a one-day full-day or half-event, rather than a paid-for PTN. To make paying worth it, I would want to see something like this:

-Quarterly, so we don't break our banks
-Low price, like $10-$20
-Maybe a theme, even if it's just a holiday close by
-At least one exclusive pin to buy, like a PTN pin, maybe in whatever theme. More pins would be nice, but nothing extreme like the September event catalog. Just 5 or so.
-First shot at any releases for that month- basically, they save the releases for the event/trading day
-Event-like features, like trading boards or games. Once again, not as many as September, but just SOMETHING to make it feel different from the old PTNs.

Basically, something like the Paris events, just scaled back. So something between a full one day event and a PTN.

If nothing else, more than 3 hours would be appreciated.

I still hate the bag restrictions- I dislike having to leave pins behind. But I really feel there's a trip-and-fall law suit behind this strict new rule, in which case I doubt Disney will change their minds on it.

Assuming they do the same thing at DLR I would not attend. I'm just grateful the many years I attended Disney PTNs they were free. I paid for the pins I trade with - I will not pay them an additional $10 to trade those pins. It would be another step towards killing trading - paying for the privilege. I'd rather use that $10 and just buy the pin I want.

Travel Zuca bag http://www.zuca.com/control/product/~category_id=10002/~product_id=10975 Dimensions: 19.5†height, 10†width, 13.5†depth.

Guidelines posted here http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/events/disney-trading-night-at-the-walt-disney-world-resort/?instance_id: Each attendee may bring one trading bag up to 24†x 15†x 18†in size.

Happy to see that my Zuca will be permitted. Looking forward to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] one at DLR.

Very interested in hearing about how the one at WDW goes.

Unless there's a special-awesome-guaranteed to sell out at the event pin, I doubt I would pay $10 to attend a PTN at DLR. I've actually gotten rid of the majority of my traders that I have one binder full of LEs and then

I don't mind the $10 fee, but I do wish they'd give us more advance notice. Buying an airline ticket and reserving a hotel room is harder to do on 2 week's notice, and then you need enough time to make sure you're not working that weekend...

I'm just glad they're doing it! And the day right before my spring break, too. I hope I'll be able to make it.

But yes, I agree with the short notice thing. :( I wish they had made the announcement earlier.

Tickets purchased, now to cross my fingers that I'm off early enough to go..

as for price- I'll take it over zero trading nights and if I trade 5+ pins it's cheap than trading online...

Travel Zuca bag http://www.zuca.com/control/product/~category_id=10002/~product_id=10975 Dimensions: 19.5” height, 10” width, 13.5” depth.

Guidelines posted here http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/events/disney-trading-night-at-the-walt-disney-world-resort/?instance_id: Each attendee may bring one trading bag up to 24” x 15” x 18” in size.

Happy to see that my Zuca will be permitted. Looking forward to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] one at DLR.

Very interested in hearing about how the one at WDW goes.

Well, you know what's strange? 24 x 15 x 18 is NOT small at all. I just measured my black cart (it's like one of the slightly more heavy-duty grocery carts you see at the Container Store, Wal-Mart, or the flea market). Anyway, if it weren't for the extension in the back (for purses and such), it would fit! Assuming they're talking sans handles, that is. In fact, it's a little bigger than some of the coolers they might be talking about.

But it seems just like the sort of thing they're aiming to ban...?

Which raises the question- are they looking to ban certain TYPES of baggage, or is it all about size? Will they care if the bag is open-faced, like a scrapbook cart, or not?

I'm thinking, for this first trip, I'm going to go with what I want to use (within their size guidelines), and just have a back-up carry-on in the car. Or, heck...I think I have a check-in piece that 21". That way, if they have an issue, I can run out and change them out.

Kind of sucks to have to buy a new, slightly smaller cart, tbh. That's money I don't really want to spend on something like that. But, by far, my grocery carts have been the lightest and easiest for me to maneuver. I blew a wheel out of a piece of rolling luggage for a September event one year. EPCOT was too much for it, apparently. :)

the size isnt that constricting but i dont know how strict theyll be but i think its more to keep out the wagons,shopping carts,handcarts and other crazy things thst have become common....

just wondering, do they have activities or special pins at these events or is it just the use of the room for trading?

Actually, I am encouraged about the Friday night trading. The past 3-4 PTN in WDW were on a Tuesday night I think? VERY hard for out-of-staters to come in for a Tuesday. I'm more than willing to pay the $10 if the trading nights are back on the weekends!

Went ahead and signed up. I'll be interested to see how things go.

Last edited:
Rumors going around Facebook are saying that nothing with wheels will be allowed in.

I say bring whatever you want to anyone because:

1.) Cast members have been known to be wrong or misinformed before

2.) If enough of us show up with them anyway, it might not be an issue/they might change their minds

For me, I pretty much can't function (in a worth-while way) without a cart. I come alone, and I walk instead of set up. Even carrying one bag for 3 hours can wear on my shoulder, neck, and back, much less multiple bags. And TBH, I only ever have about 100 pins on my Wants list. The 24/15/18 rule was already cutting my chances of finding anything down hella low- removing wheeled carts would pretty much kill these events for me.

That would pretty much rule out any possibility of anyone bringing anything to trade. I can't carry my carry-on, it's too heavy with all the pins in it. This is my first real chance to trade with others, so I hope we can have wheels!

Good Lord - "The Rumors" are flying!!
Here is my email & reply from Disney:
Hi! Since there are questions about what carts, cases, bags, etc. can & cannot pass through Park Security for the September Pin Event, will someone from Security be there Friday Night to "Okay" Pin bags or with a template to measure??

Yes, our merchandise partners had already planned to have park security representatives at the event this Friday. They will provide examples and be able to assist in sizing bags.
Have a great day! We look forward to seeing you on Friday.
Sincerely,
Disney Events

Well, that sounds encouraging! It sounds like they're at least planning on SOME kind of bag through.

Of course, I'll probably have 4 types of bags in my car, just in case, but one of them should do the trick- heh.

Last edited:
I have a large Disney pin bag and 2 notebook binders (not huge or over stuffed) that will fit in a small roll suitcase that is under their dimensions. Think I'll get away with any of it? One regular sized bag just doesn't cut it for traders.

Has anyone heard anything about the pin releases for this event yet? Or are they going to have pins, or boards (hopefully since this is a paid event), or vinyls! It's tomorrow and I'm just thinking someone must have seen the merchandise by now.

I have a large Disney pin bag and 2 notebook binders (not huge or over stuffed) that will fit in a small roll suitcase that is under their dimensions. Think I'll get away with any of it? One regular sized bag just doesn't cut it for traders.

Hi! The "One Bag" Disney is talking about is the 24x18x15 size. You can put as many Pin Bags/Books/Binders in it as you can fit.

Has anyone heard anything about the pin releases for this event yet? Or are they going to have pins, or boards (hopefully since this is a paid event), or vinyls! It's tomorrow and I'm just thinking someone must have seen the merchandise by now.

READ the info! This is just a Trading Night. DON'T expect anything else.

READ the info! This is just a Trading Night. DON'T expect anything else.

Have they held just trading nights before without any merchandise releases? I know it says it's for trading however when you check out, the package is listed as Theme Park Merchandise Trading Event. I don't know why they would charge $10 just for the space, given there are many trading groups that offer free trading events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back