• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! These Zaps, Trades, and Artwork deserve an A+

ZAPPED! These Zaps, Trades, and Artwork deserve an A+

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey gang! As most of you know, I just wrapped up my PhD practice exam. In my opinion, my essay was pretty good, but we shall see what my director thinks, hahah! In the meantime, and after a treat-yo-self pizza lunch, I caught up on some pin mail and was floored by such awesomeness!

5095352b911dff6bd27376737a4eab53.jpg

First up is a trade I made with a friend over FB. I've always loved Peter and the Wolf and have had this guy in my wants list for ages. So I'm pumped to finally have him! I also snagged the WR chess piece because I'm a sucker for a chess motif, though I'm terrible at the game. However, the Rook has always been my favorite piece. :3 just look at his little glasses! <3

ea3d950c1f39884700b311eaa1ca5920.jpg

Next up was a trade from room41more for one more (get it?) pin for the Megara collection! These old Jds pins can be so tricky to track down! And I love this one so! She's for a great expression. :3

And! She send me a little art Zap to cheer me on for my exam!

cf37556a1046ded7cdc3bfbbec047c11.jpg

How absolutely incredible is that!? Oh gosh, I love it! It flew to the fridge before I could even blink. XD thank you so much!!

71d79232b98635439b62d835bd5f2f5f.jpg

Next up is a trade from krand, though it really feels more like a Zap! She got me the three Disney Afternoon Keychains I wanted! Just look at Scrooge! And Darkwing! And Glongold!! So awesome!! Thanks so much! :D I adore them!

dbea8e427314dc72a0461736673958b5.jpg

Next up was a monthly trade with AvatarAng1, in which he sent along some bonuses! We traded for the Cogsworth pin (which is so cool in person and the first one I have from the series!) and zapped me the Hades comic strip! Eeee! One of my favorite quotes! And of course his signature LK cards, hahah!

But among with his Zap, he sent along a message from a wee trader he knows that I sent some Jasmine pins to a while back. She wrote me a precious note, drew that great Minnie Mouse, and zapped me the Z Zeus pin! She just too precious! <3

And as if this package wasn't awesome enough, his sister sent along that stellar Merlin drawing which also flew quickly to the fridge! XD there's way too much awesome in that household. XD thank you guys!!

8d444b44263b2fce0bc33eab546bdb98.jpg

And finally, Christine (CCofRR) zapped me these great BatB pins! I had seen them on the rack for months but as soon as I start collecting Cogsworth, they're nowhere to be found! XD so thank you so much for ending my search! I adore them both. :3

And thank you everyone who sent me well wishes, warm thoughts, and funny gifs during my exam. You're all so wonderful! Now if my director would just Zap me an A, we'd be all set. XD

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Love the artwork! Well deserved ZAPs!!!

I think I am going to have to get some of those chess pieces. My 12 yr old is an avid chess player - in chess club, does tournaments. I think this is a good collection for him.

Can we write you letters of recommendation?

Dear Dr. Merlin's Director:

Please give Merlin an A. He is a super-awesome pin trader and an all-around great guy. Totally deserves an A. Do it for the children.

Sincerely,
DPF

Can we write you letters of recommendation?

Dear Dr. Merlin's Director:

Please give Merlin an A. He is a super-awesome pin trader and an all-around great guy. Totally deserves an A. Do it for the children.

Sincerely,
DPF
Hahah! I'll whip up some letter head for us. ;P

And just in case, I stopped by the Fairy Godmother today. She said she would put in a good word for me too. ;P

39267ccbc16215ee2df5394c95efc2eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Congrats Merlin - both on the zaps and on feeling confident about your essay; that's half the battle of success!

Back