• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Thoughts on 2006 Earmarked Conference pin

Thoughts on 2006 Earmarked Conference pin

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This pin:

Pin 50067 WDW - EarMarked Conference 2006 - Cinderella's Castle

Does anyone have a guess at value of this pin? I have one and would like to trade it, but have no idea of value, so that I know what to send trade requests out for. It is an LE 500. But, there have been non sold online that I can find, so I don't know what I can try asking for for this pin. :)

Thanks for any help and thoughts!
Elizabeth

I'd imagine somewhere between 20 and 35 dollars. It's a nice old pin but considering what I've seen similar older pins go for on IG, I think it would be somewhere around there. However, if there's no baseline price for it you can probably get as much value off of it as the other trader is willing to give you if you get messaged by them about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

T
Sis is a castle collector. Let me see if I can get her to chime in. But I would tend to agree with @akarih. There's very few castle pins that go for big.

@wdwaurora
hanks! If you Sis has a thought, I'd love to hear!

I'm not looking for big price or anything. Just want to know what a fair value would be, as I have gotten so many snotty and super rude replies from sending out pin trade requests and the people are all offended that it isn't a fair trade. And I can't tell all the time, either. So, I'm trying to figure out value of some pins so I know what to offer.

I offered an LE pin that was 100 more than an LE I asked for, but sells for over twice the money of the one I asked for. I got the rudest reply. Honestly, I wouldn't want to trade with someone who acted that jerky. But, I am getting a bit deflated with the amount of rude responses. So, I would like to have a good idea of what I can trade this pin for. :)

T

hanks! If you Sis has a thought, I'd love to hear!

I'm not looking for big price or anything. Just want to know what a fair value would be, as I have gotten so many snotty and super rude replies from sending out pin trade requests and the people are all offended that it isn't a fair trade. And I can't tell all the time, either. So, I'm trying to figure out value of some pins so I know what to offer.

I offered an LE pin that was 100 more than an LE I asked for, but sells for over twice the money of the one I asked for. I got the rudest reply. Honestly, I wouldn't want to trade with someone who acted that jerky. But, I am getting a bit deflated with the amount of rude responses. So, I would like to have a good idea of what I can trade this pin for. :)

She said with the wants:trades ratio, she thinks it's a lot nearer to $20 than $35, maybe even less. I have pins that are LE 500 that aren't worth the light of day that shines on them (looking at you, Goofy). And the fact that it was a GWP with no characters doesn't help.

I'm sorry you had to go through a rude response. Upturned noses aren't uncommon when trading.

Thanks! I've been looking at online sales that I could find, and I haven't found one of this particular pin, so that is why I asked. :) I found other Earmarked Conference pins, and they sell anywhere from $50-90. But nothing about this castle one. :)

Appreciate the help!

I think a lot of pin traders tend to be on the rude side. At least from my two years experience. They also are so self-centered that they expect you to know exactly what they know, and totally get offended and huffy when you don't know to the point what they think they know. Also, I find most traders want more for their pin(s) and want to give you less for yours. Had a Grampa like this. Not with pins, but everything else in life. So at least I can understand their mentality. Doesn't make it any more fun, though.

I wish there was no such thing as LE pins. Then, people wouldn't be half as hung up about it. But it is what happens when value is brought into a fun area. Not only pins, too! Every area suffers.

Anyway . . . I really appreciate the help! I think I will start sending some trade requests out! -grin-

I think a lot of pin traders tend to be on the rude side. At least from my two years experience. They also are so self-centered that they expect you to know exactly what they know, and totally get offended and huffy when you don't know to the point what they think they know. Also, I find most traders want more for their pin(s) and want to give you less for yours. Had a Grampa like this. Not with pins, but everything else in life. So at least I can understand their mentality. Doesn't make it any more fun, though.

This is exactly why trading is dying a slow death. It also concerns me that the rude people in the hobby think its not them that's the problem. A lady recently responded to my trade request with quite a long response telling me all the things she wouldn't do, trade overseas, trade less than six pins etc etc. I felt the need to respond and say that I found her message rather abrupt and unfriendly and that I was sad that she wasn't open to even considering looking at our matches. She responded a few days later telling me never to send her a trade request again. It doesn't bother me, I am happy to oblige, so I don't have to receive her negative messages, but its easy to imagine that she could well have gone round telling people what a bad experience SHE had. This particular episode raises the thought that the rude people could actually be harming the hobby in more ways than we realise.

I get "mismatched" requests all the time, but I try to be nice no matter what. So they made a "bad" request,
I'm not going to beat someone up over it. A simple no thank you is enough. I'm sorry to both of you that
you received a mean response.

Back