• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Threat on I-Pad with forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threat on I-Pad with forum

LeisaV

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last few weeks I have been unable to use an Apple I-Pad on this Forum. I states there's a threat and it wont allow the i-pad to go into the forum and I am super bummed... I am on a windows product now - it says theres a threat but it blocked the threat. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I've been dealing with the same issue. All I do is exit out of the "threat" pop up page and return back to the main page. Most of the time it'll work fine then but pop ups will come up occasionally. I'm not sure Apple Ipads or iphones have pop up blocker or firewall capabilities :(

I use Apple mobile devices to get on DPF and I, too, have been getting pop ups notifying me that a virus (or viruses) has been contained. I became so concerned, I even took a screen shot and went to Apple, just in case. Long story short: pop ups like this are a scam. They are designed to look 'official' so you'll follow the advice/links and in doing so, really compromise your devices. Just close out of the pop ups as soon as they open.

Cicada is aware of the situation and as far as I know, working on a solution.

i tried to download Tapatalk from Apple store and received message that it was unavailable in the US Store. Suggestions? I too would love to use my IPad to check on the forum when I'm travelling.

Like others, I get the pop ups on my ipad quite a bit. And like others, I find just closing them does the trick, and I am right back at the page I was trying to get to. A bit of an inconvenience sure, but doesn't prevent me from enjoying the forum.

I use an IPad as well & keep closing out of the pop-ups. On a couple occasions, I had to shut down because it got so bad. I cleared memory/links, etc., which didn't help at all. it's a pain, but it's worth it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back