• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

To frame or not to frame That is the question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly88

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Hi folks I've been wanting to frame some pins again collection wise anyway but the problem is I usually like to touch my pins every now and then so what do the rest of y'all do?

Frame you're pins or not

Why not use a corkboard? That way you can hang them up together, but they won't be under glass.

I have the majority of my pins framed but they are pinned into acid free foam board (others use cork boards) so that makes them easy to come out. I know how it feels to want to take them out and touch your pins. Any pins that I don't deem frame-worthy or most likely to become traders I keep in my pin book. I'd say frame your "keeper" pins, and leave any traders in your pin book/bag/binder.

Frame them without the glass if you want to touch them. Then they have whatever pretty background/arrangement you wanted, plus you can touch them...

I use shadow boxes with hinged glass doors to frame my favorite and most expensive pins. (I get the boxes when they go on sale at Michael's.) The material inside the shadow box is strong enough to hold the pins in place but soft enough not to grab too tightly to the "needle" part of the pin, so the needle won't break off when I take a pin out to hold it or want to rearrange the pins to add a new pin. The deeper shadow boxes even work for diorama pins. If you want to include a matt inside the box, you can do that, or if you want to use a special colored paper between the shadow box material and the pin, you can do that. The glass door protects the pins from dust and from inquisitive cats. But the coolest thing is that you can change your mind and redecorate the box whenever you want.

Last edited:
I was thinking about framing some of my Princess & the Frog pins, but I've never framed pins before! I'm not sure which ones I'd frame if them, although I do like the idea if framing them!

I like the idea if uing a box frame with a glass door that opens.

Which pins are you thinking of framing pauly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back